• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sleuths needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sleuths needed

Couple of "Croydon Cat Killer" articles in news today:

The ‘Croydon cat killer’ hunt has lasted three grisly years. But is he man or myth?

The man leading the search for the Croydon Cat Killer thinks a journalist is behind the killing of over 500 animals.

Why is it taking so long? Sure Father Brown or Jonathon Creek or Sherlock or Miss Marple or Hetty Wainthrop or etc etc should solve this in an hour!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

It's #InternationalCatDay

My moggies are so unfriendly they are in no danger.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Couple of "Croydon Cat Killer" articles in news today:

The ‘Croydon cat killer’ hunt has lasted three grisly years. But is he man or myth?

The man leading the search for the Croydon Cat Killer thinks a journalist is behind the killing of over 500 animals.

Why is it taking so long? Sure Father Brown or Jonathon Creek or Sherlock or Miss Marple or Hetty Wainthrop or etc etc should solve this in an hour!
      Sherlock & Jonathan Creek would have to take at least 2 hours, for contractual reasons - I can't speak for Hetty Wainthrop (my spellchecker doesn't even think this is a real person) but Father Brown is usually done in an hour. Miss Marple is almost certainly long dead by now, given that she was about 102 in the 1950's, but that's telly for you...
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
        Sherlock & Jonathan Creek would have to take at least 2 hours, for contractual reasons - I can't speak for Hetty Wainthrop (my spellchecker doesn't even think this is a real person) but Father Brown is usually done in an hour. Miss Marple is almost certainly long dead by now, given that she was about 102 in the 1950's, but that's telly for you...
        What about Columbo, Ironside, Quincy(Nice Boat) or Petrocelli(Did he ever finish building his house)?

Sounds to me like you need Shaggy and Scooby!
        (Obviously without Scrappy - the little tulip!)

Maybe "Hong Kong Phooey!" - perhaps "Spot" is one of the victims!
        Last edited by Zigenare; 9 August 2018, 06:29.
        Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          The Bill would have had it sorted in half an hour, including the 5 minute break for ads.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            The Bill would have had it sorted in half an hour, including the 5 minute break for ads.
            More of a soap than a case-an-episode type detective show. It looks like Scooby Doo is the best detective on this basis.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
              More of a soap than a case-an-episode type detective show. It looks like Scooby Doo is the best detective on this basis.
              Nah, Kojak, Starkers and Crutch, or perhaps call the 5'O

Batman was always good at catching the baddies and he also has experience of felines

Comment

DI Jack Mooney would have solved it in under an hour, provided he got all the suspect around a table.

But it would require a complete warping of reality to consider "Croydon" = "Paradise"
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  DI Jack Mooney would have solved it in under an hour, provided he got all the suspect around a table.

But it would require a complete warping of reality to consider "Croydon" = "Paradise"
                  We're forgetting about DI Gene Hunt! He'd fire up the four ringed monkey spanker, slap someone about, make a witty if somewhat inappropriate(for the 21st century) comment and make 'em 'kin cough to it!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Anyone else read that as "Corbyn Cat Killer"
                    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                    X