• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Just Completed my First Full Year Trading

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just Completed my First Full Year Trading

Cannot believe it. As the title says really; two contracts and three extensions (one still in progress 'til Dec) and I've completed my first year. Feeling pretty good about everything, definitely learnt a lot of lessons along the way.

I feel very differently about life when compared with this time last year - I was in a job where I was sick of politics, sick of HR and frankly, sick of going to work. I now feel really quite good about the stuff I've been working on, having more control over what I do and don't get involved with, etc. I'm actually hoping for a short amount of bench time over the Christmas and New Year period to brush up on some new tech and take a few exams so I can hit next year even harder than this one.

Thanks for all the useful posts and advice. And all of the useless amusing ones too.

Still haven't learnt enough to sell up my crypto and mining rig, mind.

Originally posted by mattfx View Post
    Cannot believe it. As the title says really; two contracts and three extensions (one still in progress 'til Dec) and I've completed my first year. Feeling pretty good about everything, definitely learnt a lot of lessons along the way.

I feel very differently about life when compared with this time last year - I was in a job where I was sick of politics, sick of HR and frankly, sick of going to work. I now feel really quite good about the stuff I've been working on, having more control over what I do and don't get involved with, etc. I'm actually hoping for a short amount of bench time over the Christmas and New Year period to brush up on some new tech and take a few exams so I can hit next year even harder than this one.

Thanks for all the useful posts and advice. And all of the useless amusing ones too.

Still haven't learnt enough to sell up my crypto and mining rig, mind.
    The Golden Rule is, if Scooty's buying, you sell, and if Scooty's selling, you buy. That's the best advice you'll ever get on here...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
      The Golden Rule is, if Scooty's booking, you stay away, and if Scooty's offering , you run. That's the best advice you'll ever get on here...
      FTFY

remember the Celtic thistle!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

1. Well done
        2. Second, third gig comes harder
        3. Take time off or you will burn out
        4. War chest
        5. Don’t get cocky kid
        http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
        X