IT staff from India IT staff from India
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 39
  1. #1

    Contractor Among Contractors

    CoolCat has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,010

  2. #2

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,261

    Default

    Great just what we need more IT project managers.

    And didn't we invent machines that can play chess better than humans?

  3. #3

    More fingers than teeth

    xoggoth - scorchio!

    xoggoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    xoggoth towers
    Posts
    13,100

    Default

    Sound like the sort of migrants we should be taking in.
    bloggoth

    If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

  4. #4

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    Sound like the sort of migrants we should be taking in.
    What a bloody project manager? They are two to a penny, you can't sneeze without falling over one.

    Also, what's with PM's moving into life and leader coaches!

  5. #5

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post
    You're a single-issue, dull, tedious, cretin.
    It's akin to a mental illness.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  6. #6

    Contractor Among Contractors

    CoolCat has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Thanks SAS usual lazy assumptive rude reply from you fills me with confidence that I am legal, decent and honest.

    Die a long painful death.

  7. #7

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,743

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CoolCat View Post
    Thanks SAS usual lazy assumptive rude reply from you fills me with confidence that I am legal, decent and honest.

    Die a long painful death.
    What was the point of the thread, you nasty little turd?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  8. #8

    Super poster

    DoctorStrangelove is a fount of knowledge

    DoctorStrangelove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,209

    Default

    Ah.

    The endless search for medals etc.

    Didn't end too well for that Zola Budd.

    It's a funny old world.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

  9. #9

    More fingers than teeth

    xoggoth - scorchio!

    xoggoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    xoggoth towers
    Posts
    13,100

    Default

    What a bloody project manager? They are two to a penny, you can't sneeze without falling over one.
    Can't say I am greatly in favour of migrants driving down wages of Brit workers but, on the other hand, if companies have to offer very high salaries to recruit staff, that could make company growth harder and make startups less likely to succeed.

    Difficult balance to make but I'd certainly rather take in this bloke, with a very bright kid, who supports our technology sector than a lot of low skilled workers fuelling our surplus of low productivity businesses like cafes, cold calling companies etc. They do not begin to pay their fair share of tax/NI and simply keep afloat businesses which would otherwise make no economic sense.
    bloggoth

    If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

  10. #10

    Contractor Among Contractors

    CoolCat has more data than eek


    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,010

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    Can't say I am greatly in favour of migrants driving down wages of Brit workers but, on the other hand, if companies have to offer very high salaries to recruit staff, that could make company growth harder and make startups less likely to succeed.

    Difficult balance to make but I'd certainly rather take in this bloke, with a very bright kid, who supports our technology sector than a lot of low skilled workers fuelling our surplus of low productivity businesses like cafes, cold calling companies etc. They do not begin to pay their fair share of tax/NI and simply keep afloat businesses which would otherwise make no economic sense.
    problem is does not matter where they are in the skills or pay spectrum, if they come with skills already in oversupply all they do is displace locals from the workforce, and discourage employers from hiring, and training locals. in the case of generic IT project managers the large Indian outsourcers (Cognizant, TCS, Infosys, HCL, etc) have already brought in thousands, many of which have gone on to be given indefinite leave to remain here. this is another example being given indefinite rights to remain, despite the rules supposedly saying he should not be able to transition to permanent residency, simply because the state broadcaster BBC had pushed the case.

    brightest and best in skills in genuine shortage is one thing, this is none of that.

    oh and the route he has entered means he will not have paid as much tax and national insurance as a local, so not meeting your "fair share of tax/NI" criteria.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •