• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IT staff from India

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT staff from India

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-45145339

Great just what we need more IT project managers.

And didn't we invent machines that can play chess better than humans?

Comment

Sound like the sort of migrants we should be taking in.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Sound like the sort of migrants we should be taking in.
        What a bloody project manager? They are two to a penny, you can't sneeze without falling over one.

Also, what's with PM's moving into life and leader coaches!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
          You're a single-issue, dull, tedious, cretin.
          It's akin to a mental illness.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Thanks SAS usual lazy assumptive rude reply from you fills me with confidence that I am legal, decent and honest.

Die a long painful death.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
              Thanks SAS usual lazy assumptive rude reply from you fills me with confidence that I am legal, decent and honest.

Die a long painful death.
              What was the point of the thread, you nasty little turd?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Ah.

The endless search for medals etc.

Didn't end too well for that Zola Budd.

It's a funny old world.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

What a bloody project manager? They are two to a penny, you can't sneeze without falling over one.
                  Can't say I am greatly in favour of migrants driving down wages of Brit workers but, on the other hand, if companies have to offer very high salaries to recruit staff, that could make company growth harder and make startups less likely to succeed.

Difficult balance to make but I'd certainly rather take in this bloke, with a very bright kid, who supports our technology sector than a lot of low skilled workers fuelling our surplus of low productivity businesses like cafes, cold calling companies etc. They do not begin to pay their fair share of tax/NI and simply keep afloat businesses which would otherwise make no economic sense.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Can't say I am greatly in favour of migrants driving down wages of Brit workers but, on the other hand, if companies have to offer very high salaries to recruit staff, that could make company growth harder and make startups less likely to succeed.

Difficult balance to make but I'd certainly rather take in this bloke, with a very bright kid, who supports our technology sector than a lot of low skilled workers fuelling our surplus of low productivity businesses like cafes, cold calling companies etc. They do not begin to pay their fair share of tax/NI and simply keep afloat businesses which would otherwise make no economic sense.
                    problem is does not matter where they are in the skills or pay spectrum, if they come with skills already in oversupply all they do is displace locals from the workforce, and discourage employers from hiring, and training locals. in the case of generic IT project managers the large Indian outsourcers (Cognizant, TCS, Infosys, HCL, etc) have already brought in thousands, many of which have gone on to be given indefinite leave to remain here. this is another example being given indefinite rights to remain, despite the rules supposedly saying he should not be able to transition to permanent residency, simply because the state broadcaster BBC had pushed the case.

brightest and best in skills in genuine shortage is one thing, this is none of that.

oh and the route he has entered means he will not have paid as much tax and national insurance as a local, so not meeting your "fair share of tax/NI" criteria.

Comment

Working...
                    X