• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Stock Market Crash Begins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Which to be fair is more reliable investing advice than your crypto postings.
    Buy BTC now and thank me this time next year.

You've literally no idea what an opportunity life is affording you at the minute prior to a stock market correction.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Did anything noteworthy happen back in 1973 which may also have had an impact on the UK at all?

(apart from me being born that is)
      The Arab-Israeli war. To this day, Arabs are still bringing a knife to a gun fight then moaning that it's unfair. It's simple - stop trying to destroy the tiny bit of the Middle East where the Jews live and leave them alone.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        because I said so

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ket-crash.html

And it's not because of Trump or his protectionism, that effects of that are a year away, which will only put more pressure on the downturn.

The cause of the correction should be obvious to anyone. It is so blooming obvious yet everyone is choosing to ignore it.

You 'said so' 6 months ago. Load of baloney, just like your cryptocoin nonsense.

USA markets are over valued, yes. Attempting to guess when it's going to happen and cashing out on a high is just pure gambling. Hedge your share tactics with other portfolio items.

Feel free to buy some cryptocurrency, but don't go doing what at least a few posters have on the relevant thread and gamble tens of thousand of pounds on them.
        Last edited by rogerfederer; 14 August 2018, 12:34.

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          The Arab-Israeli war. To this day, Arabs are still bringing a knife to a gun fight then moaning that it's unfair. It's simple - stop trying to destroy the tiny bit of the Middle East where the Jews live and leave them alone.
          Have you let them know how simple it would be? I'm surprised that they haven't thought about that themselves...

Looks like you're in the running for a Nobel Prize.
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by rogerfederer View Post
            You 'said so' 6 months ago. Load of baloney, just like your cryptocoin nonsense.

USA markets are over valued, yes. Attempting to guess when it's going to happen and cashing out on a high is just pure gambling. Hedge your share tactics with other portfolio items.

Feel free to buy some cryptocurrency, but don't go doing what at least a few posters have on the relevant thread and gamble tens of thousand of pounds on them.

6 months months in a tiny tiny blip in a 30 year long bull run. If you can't see that... Also in February I said this year, toward the end. I din't say today.

Gambling is what emotional traders do. They react. I investigate, reason, make targets. There's a difference. In so doing I liquidated my pension from tracking stocks to crypto this year. Time will tell.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Have you let them know how simple it would be? I'm surprised that they haven't thought about that themselves...

Looks like you're in the running for a Nobel Prize.
              It would be simple if it didn't go against their ideology of a world without Jews.
              The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
                It would be simple if it didn't go against their ideology of a world without people who aren't like themselves.
                FTFY

sadly normally factions hate non faction members to the point logic no longer works.

See most of Africa, India & the middle East for examples. This of course is the fault of the westerners and of course they wouldn't still be murdering their brothers to this day if the West hadn't interfered.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                  FTFY

sadly normally factions hate non faction members to the point logic no longer works.

See most of Africa, India & the middle East for examples. This of course is the fault of the westerners and of course they wouldn't still be murdering their brothers to this day if the West hadn't interfered.
                  And they did get all upset when The Evil British Empire sort of stopped quite a lot of their factional fighting back in the day.

And when The Evil British eventually buggered off, the factions immediately returned to their preferred version of a bloodbath.

Except now they had AK47s instead of sharpened kiwi fruit.

So much more satisfying.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by contractorinatractor View Post
                    On what basis?

Turkey - contagion?
                    No, I'm selling all my remaining shares tomorrow.

All £5 worth.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                      No, I'm selling all my remaining shares tomorrow.

All £5 worth.
                      Mine doing very well

Comment

Working...
                      X