• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Stock Market Crash Begins

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Stock Market Crash Begins

Wednesday this week

You heard it here first.

Certainly looking possible.

Comment

On what basis?

Turkey - contagion?

Comment

because I said so

https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ket-crash.html

And it's not because of Trump or his protectionism, that effects of that are a year away, which will only put more pressure on the downturn.

The cause of the correction should be obvious to anyone. It is so blooming obvious yet everyone is choosing to ignore it.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

On the Beeb with every leave voter jumping on the band wagon what a wonderful success Brexit is.

UK unemployment at lowest since 1975

Ah the 70's, what else happened then I wonder.

Unemployment in the United Kingdom
          the highest unemployment rate recorded since 1971 was 11.9% in 1984 and the lowest was 3.4% in late 1973/early 1974.
          The economy in the 1970's?
          How the Great Inflation of the 1970s Happened. It's the 1970s, and the stock market is a mess. It loses 40% in an 18-month period, and for close to a decade few people want anything to do with stocks. Economic growth is weak, which results in rising unemployment that eventually reaches double-digits.

Remember the stock market only corrected 40% back then. That was without internet. The world is much more connected now. This is going to be messy.
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Did anything noteworthy happen back in 1973 which may also have had an impact on the UK at all?

(apart from me being born that is)

Comment

On the day of my birth several protestants were murdered in Belfast. One in one out, let's not rock boat.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                Did anything noteworthy happen back in 1973 which may also have had an impact on the UK at all?

Northern Ireland sovereignty referendum (the "Border Poll"): 98.9% of those voting in the province want Northern Ireland to remain within the United Kingdom. Turnout is 58.7%, although less than 1% for Catholics. This is the first referendum on regional government in the U.K.

Provisional Irish Republican Army bombs explode in Whitehall and the Old Bailey in London.
                Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

The Beatles split up.

Now, everything hangs on the outcome of strictly.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    Now, everything hangs on the outcome of strictly.
                    Which to be fair is more reliable investing advice than your crypto postings.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X