• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sweden's hot hatches

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    its organised civil disobedience. The scale and danger associated with the act lift it above setting fire to a scrapper at the end of the council house street. That would be why their Prime Minister commented on it and its being in the International papers

What will actually happen by the way is the insurance will pay out less than the replacement value on many of the cars after wasting the owners time.
    I read that this happens often (though this is the worst example) before the school starts in Sweden.

As it's Sweden no mention will be made if it's related to immigrant populations.

Comment

As it's Sweden no mention will be made if it's related to immigrant populations
      Probably. I suspect it is, but the pretence goes on throughout Europe, even in the UK. In connection with yesterday's attack, the PM was obliged to mention right wing terrorism as if it's a similar problem. Since 2010 it accounts for 2 deaths compared to 36 by Islamists.

Trouble is, due to our daft blanket definitions like "Muslim", the wrong people, like British Pakistanis, get blamed. Only one was involved in above attacks, the rest were of Arab or African origin. Much stricter immigration controls would help them more than anyone.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        One should never miss the opportunity to over react to some fairly trivial youthful vandalism.

The insurance will cough up and by the end of the week they'll all have new cars.

But it is a great opportunity to huff and puff on a soap box.

Those are the words of somebody who has never had to make a substantial insurance claim.

The victims likely won't get the true value of their car, or will have to fight to n'th degree to get it. Then they'll need to try and track down an equivalent car, even when they do get the cash. Then they'll have excess to pay, and to top it off their premiums will go up for years.

Hi-f'ing-larious.

Comment

Working...
        X