• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good IT CV. Anyone use CV writing companies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abu1 View Post
    Why should I steal someone else CV??? I can work with templates and change the layout
    I'm not talking about the layout, it's the contents that Tech Mahindra have stolen and then pasted into their own consultants CVs.
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
      I'm not talking about the layout, it's the contents that Tech Mahindra have stolen and then pasted into their own consultants CVs.
      not good

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
        I won't recommend as it's years gone by, but I've had my CV done twice. Ultimately, I didn't end up using either of the final results BUT I did find the process very valuable. It forced me to really condense information down and I quite like having someone to review it as I find friends and such tend to be a bit over-nice and anybody else isn't really engaged enough to care.

In short, I'll do it again at some point when I feel I've run out of steam, but my current CV seems to get results so I'm happy.

The CV And Interview advisers seem quite good and I did watch their webinar, however, I caution against their contractor methodology. I found I stopped getting bites when I switched my CV to a more project focused, contractor CV. I ended up going back to an old-fashioned Role By Role one.

I did get a guy to help me write my LinkedIn page - it was fantastic for a while, to the point where people outright commented on it, but I managed to accidentally lose a lot of it like the idiot I am. To be honest, my LinkedIn needs a proper polish but again, I've had solid contracts for a few years now so I guess I've just not been arsed.

I had my CV reviewed free by a company with an option to pay for changes made to it. They mentioned how LinkedIn is now the biggest source for jobs and were recruiters go to find talent and also check your skills. basically a more in depth version of your CV.

Also mentioned was how automation software is used to select CV's making having keywords more important apparently my CV only scored 53%

Comment

You could always try sites like peopleperhour and see if you can get someone experienced to do it, albeit cheaper.

Personally I have only ever done my own.

WLB

Comment

Originally posted by abu1 View Post
            As you all know a good CV is the key to landing an interview and eventually a job. I am currently looking at redoing my CV as its dated .

was wondering if there are good examples for IT CV's geared towards management and service delivery.

Does anyone know of good CV writing companies or have experience with any

If you're a contractor, the answer is "No, good CV writing companies don't exist"
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
            X