• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good IT CV. Anyone use CV writing companies?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good IT CV. Anyone use CV writing companies?

As you all know a good CV is the key to landing an interview and eventually a job. I am currently looking at redoing my CV as its dated .

was wondering if there are good examples for IT CV's geared towards management and service delivery.

Does anyone know of good CV writing companies or have experience with any

Originally posted by abu1 View Post
    As you all know a good CV is the key to landing an interview and eventually a job. I am currently looking at redoing my CV as its dated .

was wondering if there are good examples for IT CV's geared towards management and service delivery.

Does anyone know of good CV writing companies or have experience with any
    https://www.jobhero.com/resume-sampl...livery-manager

Failing that, use google for some other samples and do it yourself.

Personally I wouldn't pay anyone to 'do my CV' for me - you yourself are best placed to know pertinent systems, methodologies etc... to insert into it.
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Yes

I used these guys in the past

https://cvandinterviewadvisors.co.uk

Not cheap, but seems to work for me

Also start learning STAR interview technique and have all your answers ready for the interview

Comment

Keep an eye on the notices here. We have regular CV webinars which should help.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Thanks, I will need to work on my CV

Comment

Thanks, I will need to work on my CV
            Steal someone else's CV, "Tech Mahindra" can give you a few pointers!
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
              Steal someone else's CV, "Tech Mahindra" can give you a few pointers!
              Why should I steal someone else CV??? I can work with templates and change the layout

Comment

Why should I steal someone else CV??? I can work with templates and change the layout
                Make sure you put a recent picture of yourself at the top of the CV. Or if sending electronically make it a gif and make it snazzy.

Comment

I won't recommend as it's years gone by, but I've had my CV done twice. Ultimately, I didn't end up using either of the final results BUT I did find the process very valuable. It forced me to really condense information down and I quite like having someone to review it as I find friends and such tend to be a bit over-nice and anybody else isn't really engaged enough to care.

In short, I'll do it again at some point when I feel I've run out of steam, but my current CV seems to get results so I'm happy.

The CV And Interview advisers seem quite good and I did watch their webinar, however, I caution against their contractor methodology. I found I stopped getting bites when I switched my CV to a more project focused, contractor CV. I ended up going back to an old-fashioned Role By Role one.

I did get a guy to help me write my LinkedIn page - it was fantastic for a while, to the point where people outright commented on it, but I managed to accidentally lose a lot of it like the idiot I am. To be honest, my LinkedIn needs a proper polish but again, I've had solid contracts for a few years now so I guess I've just not been arsed.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post

I did get a guy to help me write my LinkedIn page - it was fantastic for a while, to the point where people outright commented on it, but I managed to accidentally lose a lot of it like the idiot I am.
                    So this is you?
                    https://www.linkedin.com/in/maximus-gladiator-247b818/
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X