• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shocked, Shocked I tell you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

And that is the whole point of the DM in one small article, get a headline to grab your attention and then write an article that doesn't back it up. People who believe the DM are people not worth bothering about as they can't see beyond their own boundaries which are created by DM headlines...basically idiots...So from that we could ascertain that the DM is creating a nation of idiots unable to think for themselves
    It's not as if they're subtle with their lying either.

Here's one from the past which probably got swallowed hook, line and sinker by poorly-educated, innumerate, bone-headed fookwits like vetran:

Britain now producing MORE cars than Germany: How the UK has become the car production capital of Europe | Daily Mail Online

Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      Crime drops to a 33 year low

One of the reasons is because of the higher level education amongst immigrants with a university degree.

UK attracts highly educated immigrants
      UK attracts young migrants who due to historical changes in their country are more likely to have a degree

Educational attainment statistics - Statistics Explained

Level of educational attainment by age
      Educational attainment levels of the population have improved significantly over the last thirty years. In 2017, 80.0 % of people aged 25–54 in the EU-28 had attained at least an upper secondary level of education, compared with 64.8 % of those aged 55–74. Those with tertiary educational attainment amounted to 34.2 % of those aged 25–54 and 21.2 % of those aged 55–74 (see Table 1).

that's the problem with statistics you have to understand the background.

In fact its the same reason certain morons who lost the vote attack leave voters as uneducated.
      Last edited by vetran; 19 August 2018, 15:33.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Big bad colours, maybe the DM could use them on the bits in their reports which are true....
        they were laid on for you to highlight the salient bits because you were having difficulty.

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreig...United_Kingdom
          "The 2011 census recorded 7,337,139 foreign-born residents in England, corresponding to 13.8 percent of the population".

We can safely assume that the % of foreign born residents has risen since 2011, but for the sake of argument let's take the 13.8% figure from 2011
          So if 11% of the prison population currently is foreign born, we can conclude that the foreign born are under-represented in the prison population.

And this, folks, is why vetran is tucked away in a non-job where he can't do any harm, while the immigrants do the real work.
          As you have to be a hardened criminal to actually receive a prison sentence then maybe some of them are deported when caught because the police finally check their criminal record at home?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...ent-offenders/

The Home Office said more than 41,000 foreign offenders have been removed from the country since 2010, including a record 6,346 in 2016-17.

A spokeswoman said: "This week, like every week, more than 100 foreign criminals will be removed from the UK.
          as the prison population is 83,000 then 5000 a year is a significant chunk. Also were I on the run/found guilty & a foreign national I would just return to my home country or another EU country rather than be sentenced.

Comment

Originally posted by DMSupporter View Post
            they were laid on for you to highlight the salient bits because you were having difficulty.
            And I highlighted the relevant information for you as not only were you definitely having difficulty but swallowed DM tripe hook, line and sinker...

Point out to me exactly where in the article it states that these people were living abroad
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              UK attracts young migrants who due to historical changes in their country are more likely to have a degree

Educational attainment statistics - Statistics Explained

that's the problem with statistics you have to understand the background.

"Mind like a steel trap" is certainly how you wouldn't be described.
              How does this support your argument, you cosmic dunderhead?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

"Mind like a steel trap" is certainly how you wouldn't be described.
                How does this support your argument, you cosmic dunderhead?
                Well your brain is a rusty speculum.

try this do you need crayons? It appears the links don't work properly on the EU site

It seems it wasn't just Bliar who decided he could hide the unemployment figures by ending everyone on the art of crayon use degrees. The rest of Europe are sending half their young people to University now and has been doing so for a couple of decades. This means half of all youngsters have a degree anywhere. As immigrants are traditionally younger 50% are likely have a degree instead of the 10% who went to University in 1980/90. So the statistics they are using to prove migrants are more intelligent are bollocks.

Seemples for anyone who knows what they are doing. Ah I see the problem, I can draw a picture for You, Darmy & Warthog if need be.

Comment

And I highlighted the relevant information for you as not only were you definitely having difficulty but swallowed DM tripe hook, line and sinker...

Point out to me exactly where in the article it states that these people were living abroad
                  I did with colours, sorry you are having problems.

Point out exactly where it says that the crime did not involve someone living abroad.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    It seems it wasn't just Bliar who decided he could hide the unemployment figures by ending everyone on the art of crayon use degrees. The rest of Europe are sending half their young people to University now and has been doing so for a couple of decades. This means half of all youngsters have a degree anywhere. As immigrants are traditionally younger 50% are likely have a degree instead of the 10% who went to University in 1980/90. So the statistics they are using to prove migrants are more intelligent are bollocks.

Seemples for anyone who knows what they are doing. Ah I see the problem, I can draw a picture for You, Darmy & Warthog if need be.
                    Is that why they commit less crime than the indigenous Brits?
                    Feck me, it's astonishing that you can make a living when you so obviously hit all the branches of the stupid tree on the way down.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Is that why they commit less crime than the indigenous Brits?
                      Feck me, it's astonishing that you can make a living when you so obviously hit all the branches of the stupid tree on the way down.
                      as that was the completely unsupported assertion based on fewer being in prison, which I challenged with facts. I'm sure you believe that as its obviously bollox.

Do feel free to try to make a reasoned argument. It might be amusing.

Darmy did try but failed.

Comment

Working...
                      X