• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shocked, Shocked I tell you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Still haven't answered have you, where are the facts n the article pertaining to the headline?
    what facts are you looking for? Its a newspaper article not a research project.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
      I so love reading your ever more desperate posts, struggling to prove your point when the evidence is so overwhelmingly against you. It's quite entertaining watching you clutching at more and more straws. Buggered if I can work out what you'll do though once single use, plastic straws are banned .... you'll have nothing left to clutch
      I haven't seen any evidence. Some whataboutery from Darmy and some clumsy correlation from You & Ass.

I have linked to facts, you & your cohorts have pushed your heads further up your arses.

20% of arrests are foreign nationals. This is surprising to me and by virtue of it being in the paper is probably surprising to most people.

30% of London residents are foreign born, I find that surprising but the census says so. The number of arrests in London tallies up so that is explained if saddening.

I still find it surprising that so many foreign born people have come here in ~50 years.

There was some suggestion only 11% of prisons contain foreign nationals not sure how that links. However as we deport many criminals and illegals who come in contact with the police that may be explained.

Then we have the straw field from You, Ass, Darmy & co.

Benefits cheats caught either by stealing the identities of fellow Ghanians or lying about disability and owning a home in Portugal - I'm glad these were caught but I have no idea why you lot think its important to this situation.

~50 of young Europeans are likely to be educated to degree level , as are ~ 50% of young brits - there are facts to prove that and is due to changes in the education system in the last 50 years. Its something the hard of thinking proffer to suggest immigrants and the younger indoctrinated remain voters are more intelligent when its patently obvious it doesn't show that all.

We have more intelligent immigrants and therefore immigrants won't commit crime, if there were any more sand in the construction of this we would be in the Mojave dessert.

do please explain where I am wrong or any straws I clutched.

Comment

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/daily...y-be-censured/

https://www.theguardian.com/media/gr...ate-eu-stories

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/pro...b_4701685.html

A bit old but I've seen a newer one which is worse:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          ...and by virtue of it being in the paper ...
          I think that's the problem. The Daily Mail (as I'm sure you've realised) is devoted to whipping up anti-immigrant rhetoric.

There are good people, normal people, scumbags in all nationalities

There are different classes of crime, manipulating Libor rates doesn't attract the same hatred as stealing and selling mobile phones, but probably (per criminal) has a far greater impact.

But where you come from appears to have no real difference on whether you're likely to commit a crime or not. So what's the DM's agenda?

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Crime is lower than it was in the 1990's

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...wales/june2017

...and that is with a rise in the population. The reason for that is the proportion of foreigners has risen, so making Britain a safer place,
            Jesus wept! I berate the quality of stats and you come back with more stats. I think you will find the crime rate is dropping because police forces are reclassifying crime or simply not recording it. It is common for police to not even visit the scene of a house break.

Sexual assault has been on a steep increase, but somehow you aren't interested. Not surprising as the state seems little concerned with it either.

Comment

Damn I just found out this wasn't Voltaire, pity because it makes a lot of sense in this case

"To determine the true rulers of any society, all you must do is ask yourself this question: Who is it that I am not permitted to criticize?"

It was an american far right nutter, a good quote ruined!

As usual you are in control of half the facts, its not who complains but who is upheld after proper process. From the Bowel of the left and based on publicly published fact. Sorry boys its not gibberish & prejudice you strung together so you probably won't agree to it.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/gr...n-2015-by-ipso

In fact, according to Ipso’s annual report for 2015, the worst offender was News UK, publisher of the Sun, Times and Sunday Times. It was responsible for the press regulator upholding 11 complaints in the course of last year.

Incidentally, of that number, the Times had most (five) - including two interesting cases, here and here) - while the Sun had three, the Scottish Sun one, and the Sunday Times, two.

In second place, with 10 upheld complaints, was Northern & Shell, publisher of the Express and Star titles plus celebrity magazines. Of those, four were against the Daily Express, one was against the Sunday Express and one involved the Express website. The others were the Daily Star (three) and the Daily Star Sunday (one).

In joint third place, with nine upheld complaints, were the Telegraph Media Group and Trinity Mirror.

Since I’m sure you are wondering, Associated’s total was a mere two. Yes, Ipso’s complaints committee ruled only twice against the Daily Mail (here and here).

sorry can't make it flash

Another nobrainer outwitted by statistics!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...010_to_present

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                Jesus wept! I berate the quality of stats and you come back with more stats. I think you will find the crime rate is dropping because police forces are reclassifying crime or simply not recording it. It is common for police to not even visit the scene of a house break.

Sexual assault has been on a steep increase, but somehow you aren't interested. Not surprising as the state seems little concerned with it either.
                you don't think its because our new countrymen are more likely to have gone to university like our youngsters?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  I think that's the problem. The Daily Mail (as I'm sure you've realised) is devoted to whipping up anti-immigrant rhetoric.

There are good people, normal people, scumbags in all nationalities

There are different classes of crime, manipulating Libor rates doesn't attract the same hatred as stealing and selling mobile phones, but probably (per criminal) has a far greater impact.

But where you come from appears to have no real difference on whether you're likely to commit a crime or not. So what's the DM's agenda?
                  The daily Mail is indeed controversial, it is intentionally its the "Naked Attraction" & "Jeremy Kyle" of the papers.

I don't believe behaviour is decided solely by Genetics. I do believe Behaviour is decided by multiple factors. I do believe it is a minority of our new friends.

1. If I were a wanted man in my country I would try to move to a different country.
                  2. If I have already broken the law seriously in my original country I am unlikely to behave myself in my new country.
                  3. Therefore I am pulled towards a new country and pushed from my own, If I can find a country where I am paid a rock star salary (in my terms) for clearing tables which is unlikely to check my criminal record at home (6% checking in Manchester) I'm going there.
                  4. Idiots who permit this are normally Guardian readers or remoaners!
                  5. People who are saddened by this are called Vetran.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    what facts are you looking for? Its a newspaper article not a research project.
                    So you agree that the DM just publishes bollocks? Surely the article should reflect the headline or doesn't that matter?
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                      So you agree that the DM just publishes bollocks? Surely the article should reflect the headline or doesn't that matter?
                      It does reflect the headline. You need to read the article to understand it. If you can only manage the short words then ask for help.
                      Last edited by vetran; 19 August 2018, 21:42.

Comment

Working...
                      X