• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CT for non resident company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I may be getting this FrontToBack, but shouldn't you have thought about all these issues before relocating your family to Cyprus and then relocating your business there too?

It sounds like you're trying to find the cheapest place to run your company and not considering the bigger picture of how to run your company and whether your company or your family are more important.
    Maybe Malta would have been a better place to move to?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      I may be getting this FrontToBack, but shouldn't you have thought about all these issues before relocating your family to Cyprus and then relocating your business there too?

It sounds like you're trying to find the cheapest place to run your company and not considering the bigger picture of how to run your company and whether your company or your family are more important.
      Maybe Malta would have been a better place to move to?
      I am not getting your point, what would be different in terms of paying CT with Malta? If you replace Cyprus with Malta in this thread do you have an answer then?

Comment

Don't bother replying, this is one of these guys we see on here every once in a while, who will only accept answers he likes and will dismiss any advice, that doesn't fit his plans or stupid ideas

OP: try this Google

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
          Don't bother replying, this is one of these guys we see on here every once in a while, who will only accept answers he likes and will dismiss any advice, that doesn't fit his plans or stupid ideas
          Sounds like the remoaners in the B****t sub forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Boober View Post
            I am not getting your point, what would be different in terms of paying CT with Malta? If you replace Cyprus with Malta in this thread do you have an answer then?
            Yes. It's the same as the answer for Cyprus.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Sounds like the remoaners in the B****t sub forum.
              He's decided that leaving is better than staying, convinced himself he will save money, and is now discovering that it's maybe not such a good idea after he's left and is having to work through the implications of his decision.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

All trade is with the UK client only. That is what I am trying to answer. How the DTT works in my case, who my company should pay CT. I know that my Company should pay CT on a worldwide income to Cyprus because it is managed from there. But in case when UK company trading in UK I believe the Company will be also liable to pay CT in UK on the profit made there. I would surprised if this is not true.
                1. Furnish a U.K. corporate tax return and pay full U.K. CT to HMRC on U.K. earnings.

2. Furnish a Cyprus tax return to pay tax on worldwide earnings and seek any offset of U.K. tax paid under the DTT (if applicable).

It’s not difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  1. Furnish a U.K. corporate tax return and pay full U.K. CT to HMRC on U.K. earnings.

2. Furnish a Cyprus tax return to pay tax on worldwide earnings and seek any offset of U.K. tax paid under the DTT (if applicable).

It’s not difficult.
                  Thanks, it is not difficult. I was confused by the local adviser who said we must paid CT here. But you answer make sense.
                  I will do as you suggested with paying CT in UK and offset that in Cyprus. Thanks a lot

Comment

Thanks, it is not difficult. I was confused by the local adviser who said we must paid CT here. But you answer make sense.
                    I will do as you suggested with paying CT in UK and offset that in Cyprus. Thanks a lot
                    You do realise we don't have a ******* clue don't you?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      You do realise we don't have a ******* clue don't you?
                      He does now!
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X