CT for non resident company CT for non resident company
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1

    Still gathering requirements...

    Martin Boober doesn't make much sense


    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    28

    Default CT for non resident company

    Greetings,

    I am contractor (Director) working via own limited company incorporated in England.
    And at the same time I am tax resident in Cyprus.
    Because of that my company paying CT 12,5% in Cyprus.
    The CT in UK is 19% so I assume I must pay the difference of CT 6,5% to HMRC according to the double taxation treaty? I cannot find any source of what the rules for the above. If you can provide any link it would be great. If this is a complex mater could you please advise who I should speak with HMRC, tax adviser etc?

    Thank you in advance.

  2. #2

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk is always on top

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    40,068

    Default

    Do you have any gladiators over there?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  3. #3

    My post count is Majestic

    AtW is a fount of knowledge

    AtW's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    51,392

    Default

    Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

  4. #4

    Still gathering requirements...

    Martin Boober doesn't make much sense


    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Do you have any gladiators over there?
    Only few left, but I am not sure if those are real

  5. #5

    Still gathering requirements...

    Martin Boober doesn't make much sense


    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?
    Tell me how is it there? I can tell how it is in UK prison if you not been there.

  6. #6

    My post count is Majestic

    vetran is always on top

    vetran's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Come Friendly Bombs
    Posts
    31,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    Have you ever been to a Turkish prison? Asking for a friend
    FTFY
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

    I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

  7. #7

    More time posting than coding

    GhostofTarbera 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Will you marry me?

  8. #8

    Godlike

    Paddy is a fount of knowledge

    Paddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    9,714

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Boober View Post
    Greetings,

    I am contractor (Director) working via own limited company incorporated in England.
    And at the same time I am tax resident in Cyprus.
    Because of that my company paying CT 12,5% in Cyprus.
    The CT in UK is 19% so I assume I must pay the difference of CT 6,5% to HMRC according to the double taxation treaty? I cannot find any source of what the rules for the above. If you can provide any link it would be great. If this is a complex mater could you please advise who I should speak with HMRC, tax adviser etc?

    Thank you in advance.

    I am quite sure that double taxation treaty does not apply to CT.
    CT is payable where the company is registered, therefore what you say about CT does not make sense.
    Brexiteers remind me of religious fanatics, only faith, no facts.

  9. #9

    Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

    WTFH is always on top

    WTFH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    17,578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Boober View Post
    Greetings,

    I am contractor (Director) working via own limited company incorporated in England.
    And at the same time I am tax resident in Cyprus.
    Because of that my company paying CT 12,5% in Cyprus.
    The CT in UK is 19% so I assume I must pay the difference of CT 6,5% to HMRC according to the double taxation treaty? I cannot find any source of what the rules for the above. If you can provide any link it would be great. If this is a complex mater could you please advise who I should speak with HMRC, tax adviser etc?

    Thank you in advance.
    Did Finland not work out for you?

    What country are you currently in?

    What pertinent facts are you withholding?

    But as for your question:
    Corporation Tax relates to the company, not the director. So that needs to be paid where the company is based - i.e. the UK.
    Your personal taxes, which are unrelated to the company, are payable based on various factors.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

  10. #10

    Still gathering requirements...

    Martin Boober doesn't make much sense


    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    I am quite sure that double taxation treaty does not apply to CT.
    CT is payable where the company is registered, therefore what you say about CT does not make sense.
    You can google that this is not true or check the link below
    https://www.profelltd.com/index.php/...k-non-resident

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •