• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CT for non resident company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CT for non resident company

Greetings,

I am contractor (Director) working via own limited company incorporated in England.
    And at the same time I am tax resident in Cyprus.
    Because of that my company paying CT 12,5% in Cyprus.
    The CT in UK is 19% so I assume I must pay the difference of CT 6,5% to HMRC according to the double taxation treaty? I cannot find any source of what the rules for the above. If you can provide any link it would be great. If this is a complex mater could you please advise who I should speak with HMRC, tax adviser etc?

Thank you in advance.

Do you have any gladiators over there?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Do you have any gladiators over there?
        Only few left, but I am not sure if those are real

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Have you ever been to a Turkish prison?
          Tell me how is it there? I can tell how it is in UK prison if you not been there.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Have you ever been to a Turkish prison? Asking for a friend
            FTFY
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Will you marry me?

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Boober View Post
                Greetings,

I am contractor (Director) working via own limited company incorporated in England.
                The CT in UK is 19% so I assume I must pay the difference of CT 6,5% to HMRC according to the double taxation treaty? I cannot find any source of what the rules for the above. If you can provide any link it would be great. If this is a complex mater could you please advise who I should speak with HMRC, tax adviser etc?

Thank you in advance.

I am quite sure that double taxation treaty does not apply to CT.
                CT is payable where the company is registered, therefore what you say about CT does not make sense.
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Boober View Post
                  Greetings,

Thank you in advance.
                  Did Finland not work out for you?

What country are you currently in?

What pertinent facts are you withholding?

But as for your question:
                  Corporation Tax relates to the company, not the director. So that needs to be paid where the company is based - i.e. the UK.
                  Your personal taxes, which are unrelated to the company, are payable based on various factors.
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    I am quite sure that double taxation treaty does not apply to CT.
                    CT is payable where the company is registered, therefore what you say about CT does not make sense.
                    You can google that this is not true or check the link below
                    https://www.profelltd.com/index.php/...k-non-resident

Comment

Working...
                    X