• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

80% of population growth from immigration

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bean View Post
    Did either of you read the article supplied with my concise answer?
    Do you not agree with the reasoning in the article?

A direct response was provided, with a link to an article, which explains the rationale behind the answer.

It's fine if you don't agree with that, but don't go crying about having no direct answer, when you have been given one...

Ps. I thought it was Bean and Old Bean, is it now Young Vet & Old Vet?
    C'mon, at least be consistent when trying to label others you disagree with
    The article you quote says 3 generations. The figures Old Bean quotes says that anyone whose mother was not born in the UK is an immigrant, and anyone themselves, if they were not born in the UK, even if they and their parents are British citizens, is an immigrant.

You even posted accusing me of saying that anyone who says 2nd generation is still an immigrant is racist (12.37), then you changed to link to 3rd generation (12.56)

Maybe the question you could answer is: how many generations does a family need to be British citizens, live in the UK and never leave before you consider them British?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

100% of the British Isles population growth is the result of immigration
      Why do people keep trotting out this nonsense? The ancient Brits, Romans, Saxons, Vikings etc. all got on well together did they? Every mass migration throughout history has caused tensions. We should learn from the past, not keep repeating the same mistakes.

This growth of the population makes no sense at all. It is said we need young migrants due to an ageing population caused by a big increase in population after the war. If we fix the "baby boomer" problem with another huge increase in population what is going to happen when all these "migrant boomers" get old?

If articles in the news recently about how many workers will be forced out of jobs by technology are even partly true the problem will be even worse.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        The article you quote says 3 generations. The figures Old Bean quotes says that anyone whose mother was not born in the UK is an immigrant, and anyone themselves, if they were not born in the UK, even if they and their parents are British citizens, is an immigrant.

You even posted accusing me of saying that anyone who says 2nd generation is still an immigrant is racist (12.37), then you changed to link to 3rd generation (12.56)

Maybe the question you could answer is: how many generations does a family need to be British citizens, live in the UK and never leave before you consider them British?
        How many migrants and their dependants (born here or not) have to arrive before you believe its not managed?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

Here's the '12:37' you refer to;
          https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2579530
          "Is everyone and every news outlet, that uses the term '2nd generation immigrant' - right wing?, as it seems to be prevalent... "

^^^That is a question about being right wing, definitely NOT what you accuse me of doing......just because YOU conflate right wing with racist is not my problem...

You seemed to go off on one about a right wing think tank, so I asked a question. Wanna retract your accusation now?
          (Also, that question does not detract from my later post.)

Originally posted by WTFH
          You are assuming the 1st generation apply for citizenship (They don't always, i.e. Windrush), but let's assume that for now - my answer would be the same as Meridian has arrived at, the 2nd gen didn't immigrate as they were born here, so 2
          Originally posted by Old Greg
          I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
          ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            How many migrants and their dependants (born here or not) have to arrive before you believe its not managed?
            Maybe we need the migrants because there's too many stupid people in the indigenous population e.g. you and Bean?
            I mean in your firm, the talent are immigrants while you do the non-talent work, no?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
              Here's the '12:37' you refer to;
              https://forums.contractoruk.com/gene...ml#post2579530
              "Is everyone and every news outlet, that uses the term '2nd generation immigrant' - right wing?, as it seems to be prevalent... "

^^^That is a question about being right wing, definitely NOT what you accuse me of doing......just because YOU conflate right wing with racist is not my problem...

You seemed to go off on one about a right wing think tank, so I asked a question. Wanna retract your accusation now?
              (Also, that question does not detract from my later post.)

You are assuming the 1st generation apply for citizenship (They don't always, i.e. Windrush), but let's assume that for now - my answer would be the same as Meridian has arrived at, the 2nd gen didn't immigrate as they were born here, so 2
              What are you wittering on about you complete imbecile?

The law states that children of naturalised British citizens (i.e. 1st gen immigrants) born in the UK are British. So from 2nd gen on.
              A few may fall through the cracks e.g. Windrush due to ignorance, but that is the law.

So the point really is, why is MigrationWatch skewing the figures by including British born citizens (by law) in the immigration figures?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                Maybe we need the migrants because there's too many stupid people in the indigenous population e.g. you and Bean?
                I mean in your firm, the talent are immigrants while you do the non-talent work, no?
                No, that is not correct.

HTH
                ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

3 pages in and no one has suggested 'Sending them all home'. We are improving.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Another point about the immigration figures which is total bollux is including students. There is a business model in the Uk whereby foreign students come to uni and are charged vast amounts which keeps the education sector afloat. Assuming these people are immigrants is a pile of tulipe.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                      What are you wittering on about you complete imbecile?

The law states that children of naturalised British citizens (i.e. 1st gen immigrants) born in the UK are British. So from 2nd gen on.
                      A few may fall through the cracks e.g. Windrush due to ignorance, but that is the law.

So the point really is, why is MigrationWatch skewing the figures by including British born people (by law) in the immigration figures?
                      hahahaha, you're the imbecile - that's what I said most recently, in the exact post you quoted

You ought to take your meds.
                      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                      X