• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Budding Film Director Here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Budding Film Director Here

Just cut my first video and published on YouTube at https://youtu.be/VVA75WAm_tg Not sure I'll be hired for the next Bond film but its a start on my new approach to marketing Its a silent video until I can get someone with a nice voice for the job as my Geordie accent doesn't come across as I'd want for the international audience More to follow on open data and other subjects when the zero budget and time allows

Originally posted by tazdevil View Post
    Just cut my first video and published on YouTube at https://youtu.be/VVA75WAm_tg Not sure I'll be hired for the next Bond film but its a start on my new approach to marketing Its a silent video until I can get someone with a nice voice for the job as my Geordie accent doesn't come across as I'd want for the international audience More to follow on open data and other subjects when the zero budget and time allows
    Looks good, congrats!

Why not use a generated voice like some other youtubers, who don't like or want their own voice on their vids?

Seriously, look into it - as a silent video is rarely popular - maybe subtitle/annotations if you don't want any voice?
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Its a silent video until I can get someone with a nice voice for the job as my Geordie accent doesn't come across as I'd want for the international audience
      I'll offer my services (for a reasonable fee). My voice has been heard in a couple of blockbusters* maybe 15+ years ago.

*One was in Aylesbury and the other in Guildford
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Dat's cool but... wouldn't it be worth spending a bit of time on your webpage first?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          I'll offer my services (for a reasonable fee). My voice has been heard in a couple of blockbusters* maybe 15+ years ago.
          You should be getting plenty of voiceover work now Dale Winton has gone surely?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
            With zero budget I can't afford your services. Looking into simulated voice overs at the moment

Comment

possibly for us more mature viewers can I suggest you go for a slightly larger font and aim at HD 1080 resolution to show complex text.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Looks more exciting than most of the carp on TV these days.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Why is your avatar a rabbit when your nickname is Tazdevil?

Comment

With zero budget I can't afford your services. Looking into simulated voice overs at the moment
                    The one's i've heard are crap. Can't you apply for some arts council funding on account of your disability, get an English speaker to voice it up? Or, if you tell me what you want saying, I can have a word with Andrew's girls - there's not much they won't do for cash.

Comment

Working...
                    X