• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another bunch of religious nuts abusing children

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another bunch of religious nuts abusing children

Nuns, including one aged 93, are arrested over abuse allegations at orphanage | Daily Mail Online

Nuns, including one aged 93, are arrested over abuse allegations at notorious orphanage where they 'beat residents, forced them to eat vomit and ritually humiliated them for bed-wetting'
    Police probing Smyllum Park in Lanark have arrested 12 people, including nuns
    More nuns reported to prosecutors amid a widening police investigation
    A further four have now been reported to the Crown Office, aged up to 93
    Good to see believing in God and organised abuse is now fully inclusive.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Good to see believing in God and organised abuse is now fully inclusive.
    Google Brendan Smyth if you want to find out about what was going on since the 1940s in Ireland.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Flip me, not more pretty much routine boarding school behaviour from the 1950s being dredged up decades later as a distraction from Brexit!

Why don't these idiots give it a rest, and concentrate on today's criminals, instead of persecuting 93 year old retired nuns?
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
        ...routine boarding school behaviour...
        It may have happened to you but it's not routine
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Google Brendan Smyth if you want to find out about what was going on since the 1940s in Ireland.
          Seems sadly it was rampant

https://www.secularism.org.uk/opinio...childrens-home

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8484406.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...iry-hears.html

The annoying thing is that it was covered up and the Police did nothing.

Comment

Flip me, not more pretty much routine boarding school behaviour from the 1950s being dredged up decades later as a distraction from Brexit!

Why don't these idiots give it a rest, and concentrate on today's criminals, instead of persecuting 93 year old retired nuns?
            sorry I find myself agreeing with Sasguru. Sexual abuse and burying babies is important enough to be on the front page.

Comment

You were forced to eat vomit at boarding school? Was tripe off the menu?

Comment

The annoying thing is that usual, it was covered up and the Police did nothing.

Comment

I went to a primary school run by nuns for about 6 months when my mother was ill and I stayed with my aunt. Loathed them ever since. Didn't experience anything that bad but recall them often being angry and slippering us 6 year olds for trivial reasons.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X