Russian trolls spread vaccine disinformation on social media Russian trolls spread vaccine disinformation on social media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,737

    Default Russian trolls spread vaccine disinformation on social media

    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45294192

    ... through their mouthpieces:
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-ages-eroding/

    ...leading to this:

    https://www.newscientist.com/article...s-41000-cases/

    So which one of you cretins has stopped vaccinating your kids?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  2. #2

    Super poster

    vwdan is NOT a disguised employee


    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    2,669

    Default

    Ah well, for a minute back there people actually trusted the idea of science, research and education. Nice while it lasted, eh.

  3. #3

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    Ah well, for a minute back there people actually trusted the idea of science, research and education. Nice while it lasted, eh.
    Who needs experts, eh? Brain farting is just as good
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  4. #4

    Contractor Among Contractors

    PhiltheGreek - scorchio!

    PhiltheGreek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Balmoral
    Posts
    1,034

    Default

    People are always likely to believe doom and gloom is just around the corner, rather than that things will continue to get better and more awesome. The Ruskies are just poking at this reflex for their own ends. If I were them, i'd do the same. Despite boundless examples of official incompetence, your average punter will usually lend some sort of credence to the idea of a giant establishment conspiracy. Baffles the shiit out of me though.

  5. #5

    Godlike

    BR14 is a fount of knowledge

    BR14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Under your kitchen sink
    Posts
    7,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    Who needs experts, eh? Brain farting is just as good
    Well, you would know, since it's all you're capable of.
    Entropy is NOT what it used to be.
    Inertia, however........................

  6. #6

    Fingers like lightning

    TwoWolves is NOT a disguised employee

    TwoWolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    861

    Default

    How did Italians removing compulsion cause Ukrainians to stop vaccinating their kids?

    Another case of correlation is not causation unless it supports my own prejudices.

  7. #7

    More time posting than coding

    GhostofTarbera 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    499

    Default

    Can someone give me a few Russian troll twitter accounts so I can have a look?

  8. #8

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,737

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TwoWolves View Post
    How did Italians removing compulsion cause Ukrainians to stop vaccinating their kids?

    Another case of correlation is not causation unless it supports my own prejudices.
    I'm constantly amazed by how very stupid people on here are.
    What prejudice are you referring to?
    Cretins in Italy removing compulsory vaccination on their paymasters say-so* probably has nothing to do with Ukranian vaccination policy which might be historically low for other reasons.
    The fact that vaccination rates are falling in the US and western Europe from traditionally high rates probably has something to do with the proven according to the evidence influence of Russian trolls.

    It's obvious from your poor reasoning ability that if you're a contractor, you're a bottom feeder.

    *https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ing-in-EU.html
    Last edited by sasguru; 25th August 2018 at 10:38.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  9. #9

    Better than AtW

    sasguru - scorchio!


    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    35,737

    Default

    BTW Russia itself has very high rates of vaccination

    It's quite clever of them to target the vast amount of cretins we have and use them as a fifth column to act against their own interests.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-43093390
    https://www.vox.com/2018/8/21/177637...gru-think-tank
    Last edited by sasguru; 25th August 2018 at 10:48.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

  10. #10

    Fingers like lightning

    TwoWolves is NOT a disguised employee

    TwoWolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Gloucestershire
    Posts
    861

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sasguru View Post
    I'm constantly amazed by how very stupid people on here are.
    What prejudice are you referring to?
    Cretins in Italy removing compulsory vaccination on their paymasters say-so* probably has nothing to do with Ukranian vaccination policy which might be historically low for other reasons.
    The fact that vaccination rates are falling in the US and western Europe from traditionally high rates probably has something to do with the proven according to the evidence influence of Russian trolls.

    It's obvious from your poor reasoning ability that if you're a contractor, you're a bottom feeder.

    *https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ing-in-EU.html
    I just enjoy poking you, I'm guaranteed a gammon-faced rise with the mildest counterargument.

    The influence of social media in any decision making processes is not proven and has become the typical excuse for the plebs not doing what the elite want, it's getting old. Mumsnet is probably the only place I think has any sway, but only with daft mums. There is a rise in autism and people are looking for scapegoats. I mean, look at you?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •