• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

RBS's downfall of 2008

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RBS's downfall of 2008

Reading this is fascinating... gives you some insight as to the thinking behind the curtains. Many assumed previously RBS were caught out in a bad situation, but as more and more of these files become available it is clear they were instrument in causing the crisis. Why on earth would the UK bail out such a rotten apple? I've utterly no idea why these people are not in jail for this level of fraud.

Purpose of this thread is imo it's happening again. Expect it's not the housing market, but rather the stock market. S&P 500 is pushing higher and higher... why are people pouring more money into it at an all time high? Turns it people are not pouring money into it, it's the national banks. National banks are investing money they created out of thin air. Think about that for a minute and tell me with a straight face there's no mega correction coming. They are transforming thin air into assets and no one is protesting it.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-re...87151/download

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

If only you knew what shorting is, you would be filthy rich!

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreenBastard View Post
      you would be filthy rich!
      What makes you think I'm not already?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

I was working at RBS in 2008 - in Counterparty Credit Risk!

There are many facets to this story and many different threads that contributed to this result so it depends how you tell it really.

Comment

They should be judged on the result, rather than the story.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            I was working at RBS in 2008 - in Counterparty Credit Risk!

There are many facets to this story and many different threads that contributed to this result so it depends how you tell it really.
            Well why I am not surprised that RBS nearly folded - your post about how Cohen admitting to federal crimes under oath are not crimes supposedly -

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
            Which is still not a crime, no matter how hard you clap your hands and shout "I believe in fairies". I think that might be another fine - if they can prove that Trump knew about the specific blackmail attempt and Cohen did not just act on behalf of his client.

Find something that can stick, please.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Well why I am not surprised that RBS nearly folded - your post about how Cohen admitting to federal crimes under oath are not crimes supposedly -
              Patience lad, everything will become clear in time.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Purpose of this thread is imo it's happening again. Expect it's not the housing market, but rather the stock market. S&P 500 is pushing higher and higher... why are people pouring more money into it at an all time high? Turns it people are not pouring money into it, it's the national banks. National banks are investing money they created out of thin air. Think about that for a minute and tell me with a straight face there's no mega correction coming. They are transforming thin air into assets and no one is protesting it.

It's not thin air it's devaluation of FIAT currencies. Billions of 'quantitative easing' in the UK and more in the EU and USA. Race to the bottom over decades. That's why all tangible assets appear peaky in value.

Is it ironic to be moaning about them creating money out of thin air when also investing in cryptos created out of thin air? Not sure, I'll ask Alanis Morissette.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

National banks are not meant to buy stuff, such is my understanding. They create money for others to use. That's where QE ends. However national banks, of England (BoE), Switzerland etc are actually using money created out of thin air and buying up assets. I'm actually not bothered by it. However I do find one thing very interesting, which is not being talked about. The stock market as it is right now is being pushed up by the hands of the few not the many. A few private national banks. They are effectively controlling S&P 500. Am not making this up, the information is freely available. A snap shot of the Swiss national bank below.

Crypto-money falls on its own sword or creates value where others see it, demand it. That simple. It is quite another thing to create additional currency already used to purchase assets when ordinary people have to work for it to buy the same assets. I'd be burning down the house if someone was doing that to me.

Last edited by scooterscot; 27 August 2018, 09:50.

Comment

not only RBS lots of other banks are investing heavily in american stocks e.g. UBS and japanese banks
                    Dow 30000 here we come

Comment

Working...
                    X