Teresa May announces an additional £4Billion tax money for young people Teresa May announces an additional £4Billion tax money for young people
Posts 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Fingers like lightning

    GhostofTarbera 's job has never been outsourced


    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    532

    Default Teresa May announces an additional £4Billion tax money for young people

    Hip hip hooray

    Ohhh Hang on its in south Africa

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45325701

  2. #2

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    19,429

    Default

    HYS comment

    So we're giving up trading preferences in aerospace and automotive goods with France and Germany - in order to trade tunnocks tea cakes and some rotting vegetables (sorry cant get the staff these days) with Lesotho and Bourkino Faso?

    All because some aged snowflakes object to Polish food in Tescos and want a Blue passport?
    - so true


    Have you seen how much China has invested in Africa recently? Look at Kenya - they are quickly loosing themselves into China's debt. Honestly I think the UK is jealous that they din't think of it first.
    Last edited by scooterscot; 28th August 2018 at 10:16.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

  3. #3

    Super poster

    Zigenare - scorchio!

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    HYS comment



    - so true


    Have you seen how much China has invested in Africa recently? Look at Kenya - they are quickly loosing themselves into China's debt. Honestly I think the UK is jealous that they din't think of it first.
    You have to ask yourself

    "What do they(Africa) have that we(The Rest of The World) need?"

    And...

    "What do we do when it's all gone?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

  4. #4

    More fingers than teeth

    xoggoth - scorchio!

    xoggoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    xoggoth towers
    Posts
    13,109

    Default

    May is sensible in saying aid should be linked to the UK's interest, as it once was. No reason why not. Growing African economies by mutual deals that benefit both sides will reduce poverty and save far more lives in the long term than mosquito nets, food handouts etc. Properly scrutinised deals in the UK's interest should also result in less waste propping up corrupt dictators or supporting those overspending, money wasting charities.

    Much of the growth in Africa over the past decade has been due to investment by the Chinese in return for raw materials. Hasn't done either side any harm.

    PS Except for the poor little rhinos and elephants!
    bloggoth

    If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

  5. #5

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    19,429

    Default

    Who'd have thought a train from Nairobi to Mombassa would have better reliability than the Ashton to Kings Cross service

    450km built at a cost of 3.5billion dollars. HS2 £52b for 150km.

    Chinese-built Mombasa-Nairobi railway gaining popularity in Kenya

    Last edited by scooterscot; 28th August 2018 at 14:31.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

  6. #6

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Who'd have thought a train from Nairobi to Mombassa would have better reliability than the Ashton to Kings Cross service

    450km built at a cost of 3.5billion dollars. HS2 £52b for 150km.

    Chinese-built Mombasa-Nairobi railway gaining popularity in Kenya

    Whilst I agree HS2 is a shambles. I think it's a different type of project with different challenges.

  7. #7

    More fingers than teeth

    scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

    scooterscot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain
    Posts
    19,429

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Hip hip hooray

    Ohhh Hang on its in south Africa

    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45325701


    If this was Corbyn the MSM would be in overdrive calling him a terrorist sympathiser. But it's the right wing so it's a trade deal.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

  8. #8

    Super poster

    woohoo is a fount of knowledge

    woohoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    In the country
    Posts
    4,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    If this was Corbyn the MSM would be in overdrive calling him a terrorist sympathiser. But it's the right wing so it's a trade deal.
    I think that's in your imagination, you need to rid yourself of this victim mentality.

  9. #9

    Super poster

    Zigenare - scorchio!

    Zigenare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    3,570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    Whilst I agree HS2 is a shambles. I think it's a different type of project with different challenges.
    Didn't the Chinese put the bodies of dead workers in the foundations?

    In the Great Wall of course but there's nothing to say that they've changed that practice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Given that you refuse to work for Jews, because you believe that they are only out for themselves and that they see gentiles as just there to be used, WGAS what you think.
    You do me old chum, obviously

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg View Post
    Churchy says that May Day is a Zionist Occupation Government conspiracy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    Only it is somewhat suspicious that this unsubstantiated claim has been made against the object of Alt-Right antisemitic conspiracy lies.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •