• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

0-1200 RPM in a few months, at least you won't have to change the air filters!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Like the indigenous electronics and computer industry, it was screwed up by successive know nothing governments.
    I'm not very old and yet I remember going to a 2-day graduate recruitment event at GEC Rugby back in the day.
    Glad I didn't take the role offered, a few years later GEC was no more - it shrank and shrank and became Alsthom or somesuch, if memory serves.
    By the noughties all these huge British companies that had existed and thrived 20 years ago were no more*

*And no its not the EU's fault, Germany, and to a lesser extent, France managed to preserve their industrial jewels.
    It's simply down to the prevailing British ethos that services were more important.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I'm not very old and yet I remember going to a 2-day graduate recruitment event at GEC Rugby back in the day.
      Glad I didn't take the role offered, a few years later GEC was no more - it shrank and shrank and became Alsthom or somesuch, if memory serves.
      By the noughties all these huge British companies that had existed and thrived 20 years ago were no more*

*And no its not the EU's fault, Germany, and to a lesser extent, France managed to preserve their industrial jewels.
      It's simply down to the prevailing British ethos that services were more important.
      Indeed.

The final demise of Marconi must have set dear old Arnie Weinstock spinning in his grave.

Quite why he was regarded with such favour by so many successive governments is a mystery wrapped in an enigma (or pound notes as the case might be).

It says everything about the man that when a computer salesman managed by hard work & diligence to exceed Arnie's salary via commission, Weinstock immediately changed the bonus system to ensure it could never happen again.

Thatcher presided over most of the destruction, the old bitch only survived because of that damn war in the Falklands.

Very curious timing that.

<cue Dodgy saying how grateful all we contractors should be for her largesse>
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Check your engine, does it have multiple valves on the cylinder head? In breach of the international treaty covering Patents if it does. That's an act of war in case it escapes your notice.

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
          Check your engine, does it have multiple valves on the cylinder head? In breach of the international treaty covering Patents if it does. That's an act of war in case it escapes your notice.
          I know you're a cretin so I'll regret this, but could you possibly provide some evidence?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

TBH conversing with bottom feeders is not my style either but even you could do a google search

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tr...w=1280&bih=918

Comment

TBH conversing with bottom feeders is not my style either but even you could do a google search

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=tr...w=1280&bih=918
              So I was right first time, complete bollux.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

You read the granted Patent documentation in less than 1 minute?

Comment

The thing that distinguished Triumph from Honda or Kawasaki riders were that the Triumph riders were always at the roadside trying to kick start their bike where as the Honda and Kawasaki riders simply had to turn a key. Triumph went out of business because they built sh*te bikes.

The Austin Princess was an icon that embodied British Engineering it was over engineered i.e. huge and clunky and fell to bits within months.

In many respects the UK hasn't changed and you won't be seeing a renaissance in British Engineering, particularly since everyone is maxed out on their credit cards and have no money to invest.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

You are aware that patents sort of expire?*

*Other than in Septicland of course where all sorts of things can come out of the woodwork decades later. The patent on the microprocessor being one.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                      You are aware that patents sort of expire?*

*Other than in Septicland of course where all sorts of things can come out of the woodwork decades later. The patent on the microprocessor being one.
                      Indeed after 20 years, and most of Triumph's patents are from the 1930's, not that anyone would want to copy a kick start bike.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                      X