• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another thieving scumbag that makes 11

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another thieving scumbag that makes 11

jeez aren't there any honest people left?

Kensington and Chelsea council worker admits fraud £60,000 from Grenfell Fire survivors fund | Daily Mail Online

Kensington and Chelsea council finance manager, 39, who ran Grenfell victims' fund, stole £62,000 and spent it on herself with expensive meals, online gambling and trips to Dubai and LA
    Council worker spent money for victims on holidays and online gambling
    Survivors ask how she could have spirited away so much relief money
    MP demands review of how donations were handled in wake of the disaster
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

11? Tip of the iceberg IMO....

Once someone plucks up the courage to suggest an indepth investigation in to the whole thing including claimants it will just balloon I reckon. No one has the balls to wade in at present though. It means potentially investigating innocent people that have lost so much so very delicate..
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Some families are still staying in £1200 a night local hotel suits

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        11? Tip of the iceberg IMO....

Once someone plucks up the courage to suggest an indepth investigation in to the whole thing including claimants it will just balloon I reckon. No one has the balls to wade in at present though. It means potentially investigating innocent people that have lost so much so very delicate..
        Actually scarily I believe you. My faith in human nature really is tested.

it seems its universal.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...win-towers-911

https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...r-11/21467377/

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          that I easily believe as incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
            Once you are spending someone else's money from what seems like a bottomless pit of money the cost of something become irrelevant. Doesn't make it right, but that is what naturally happens. Those being put up in expensive hotel suites rent free then become accustomed to that lifestyle and use whatever excuse they can to maintain it. i.e. the council have ben unable to provided us somewhere suitable within 50yards of the Grenfell tower where we used to live therefore we aren't moving from this hotel. There has to be some realism from both sides. We have a national housing shortage in the UK and being offered, what we now call social housing, means that you might not get a choice to live exactly where you want. But hey, just sometime life deals you a sh*t hand of cards and you just have to play that hand and look towards to next one.

Comment

News headline just in ... anyone who pays the maximum rate for a hotel room is a mug or lying (or a journalist who needs to write about how expensive it is)
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
              X