• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where is my knighthood?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is my knighthood?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...rackdown-hmrc/

Individuals can be nominated despite the "use of personal service companies" or if there affairs amount to "acceptable tax planning", it is reported.

HMRC guidance for knighthoods says PSC are acceptable tax planning measures.

Make Mercia Great Again!

Not sure why this is news now, I worked in the DTI 20 years ago and it was common knowledge then that advice from government departments was sought before an honour was offered, to avoid potential embarrassment.

Mirth all around, apparently, when the “wrong” Harry Corbett was offered an OBE, but the other one got one eventually.

Didn’t stop Saville getting one, unfortunately, so the system’s not that great.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post

Individuals can be nominated despite the "use of personal service companies" or if there affairs amount to "acceptable tax planning", it is reported.

How sweet of them. Meanwhile, in the real world, PSCs are the only practical way of doing business with other businesses, not that we expect them to understand
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSharp View Post

A comprehensive education, perhaps? Back of the queue, sunshine. Even AtW is ahead of you, and i've told the household cavalry he's got form for horse bothering, so don't hold yer breath.

On another point, one has previously suggested to Hector that a new word 'avoision' should be used to further blur the line between avoidance and evasion. I now think the time for this has passed and evasion and avoidance are the same thing so far as the public discourse is concerned.

Comment

Soon the only people eligible for gongs will be civil servants.. Especially HMRC.

A gong for doing your job - nice.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
            Soon the only people eligible for gongs will be civil servants.. Especially HMRC.

A gong for doing your job - nice.
            Have you met many millennials?

it's expected

and everyone gets one so no one feels left out.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Have you met many millennials?

it's expected

and everyone gets one so no one feels left out.
              Next we will be expected to give a banana on every boom thread.

Comment

Working...
              X