Name the TV show... it's really bugging me... Name the TV show... it's really bugging me...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 15

Fingers like lightning

sbakoola has more data than eek

Default Name the TV show... it's really bugging me...

Ok, think about to around the early to mid 1990s, a British produced mini series (fictional). It was like a TV show within a TV show whereby a TV psychologist had a panel which consisted of around 6 members of the same family who were troubled and were quizzed throughout the show to try and get to the root of the problem.

The main problem being that the brother who was a young man / adolescent just didn't talk, he had obviously been through some sort of trauma. It was heavy on the dark humor. I remember some drama when the boy actually started to speak. Also I remember a goth girl on the panel who could have been the sister of the boy/young man who stopped talking. It could have been called "Family Roots" / "Family <something>", dunno what the title is, I've looked everywhere on the web imdb etc and I can find nothing.

Did I dream it ? am I going mad ? anyone out there know the show ?

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

That'll be 'family fortunes'
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Fingers like lightning

chopper is NOT a disguised employee

Ghostwatch.

Fingers like lightning

GhostofTarbera 's job has never been outsourced

Rainbow ?

Super poster

Wilmslow is a permanent contractor

Quote Originally Posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
    Rainbow ?
    I sew Jeffrey at his Ed Fringe show about Rainbow when he did that a few years ago. He is a very bitter man...... We left feeling traumatized after he stole our childhood. Someone cried out 'You can't do that to us Jeffrey'. Later that evening I paid to see thye Hamiltons - Neil mincing about in a black leather kilt and pink socks and Christine guzzling champagne from the bottle. Christine thres a flapjack at my lady friend, so I lobbed it back and struck Neils knee. Happy days.......

Fingers like lightning

Silly replies above as expected. Also I vaguely remember there being two panels where the family was split apart into feuding factions.

I thought that the psychologist driving the interviews and the analysis and questions was played by David Suchet but I cannot see anything on his imdb.
    Last edited by sbakoola; 2nd September 2018 at 17:12.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by sbakoola View Post
    Also I vaguely remember there being two panels where the family was split apart into feuding factions.

I thought that the psychologist driving the interviews and the analysis and questions was played by David Suchet but I cannot see anything on his imdb.
    Was the psychologist called Robert Robinson?
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Contractor Among Contractors

PhiltheGreek - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by sbakoola View Post
    Silly replies above as expected.
    A happy punter then. On to more pressing matters;

There are some fruit flies in here that are really pissing me off. Two were drowned in my claret earlier. Does anyone have an idea for trapping the twats which doesn't involve vintage wine?

Fingers like lightning

Quote Originally Posted by WTFH View Post
    Was the psychologist called Robert Robinson?
    The format of the show was not that different from 'Ask The Family' quiz show, the set was familiar, the two separated parts of the family except that I think I remember that the psychologist got up from his chair and approached the troublesome family who were sat in either of the two panels.

Did I dream it or am I going mad ?
    It could have been called "Root of the Matter" or "Family roots' or 'Family Ties'. The intro had the faces of the family, I can remember the 'goth girl' family member' on it.

i can't remember whether it was on BBC1, BB2, ITV (doubt it as it was dark humor) or Channel 4.

Fingers like lightning

GhostofTarbera 's job has never been outsourced