• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Name the TV show... it's really bugging me...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name the TV show... it's really bugging me...

Ok, think about to around the early to mid 1990s, a British produced mini series (fictional). It was like a TV show within a TV show whereby a TV psychologist had a panel which consisted of around 6 members of the same family who were troubled and were quizzed throughout the show to try and get to the root of the problem.

The main problem being that the brother who was a young man / adolescent just didn't talk, he had obviously been through some sort of trauma. It was heavy on the dark humor. I remember some drama when the boy actually started to speak. Also I remember a goth girl on the panel who could have been the sister of the boy/young man who stopped talking. It could have been called "Family Roots" / "Family <something>", dunno what the title is, I've looked everywhere on the web imdb etc and I can find nothing.

Did I dream it ? am I going mad ? anyone out there know the show ?

That'll be 'family fortunes'
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Ghostwatch.
      Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Rainbow ?

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
          Rainbow ?
          I sew Jeffrey at his Ed Fringe show about Rainbow when he did that a few years ago. He is a very bitter man...... We left feeling traumatized after he stole our childhood. Someone cried out 'You can't do that to us Jeffrey'. Later that evening I paid to see thye Hamiltons - Neil mincing about in a black leather kilt and pink socks and Christine guzzling champagne from the bottle. Christine thres a flapjack at my lady friend, so I lobbed it back and struck Neils knee. Happy days.......

Comment

Silly replies above as expected. Also I vaguely remember there being two panels where the family was split apart into feuding factions.

I thought that the psychologist driving the interviews and the analysis and questions was played by David Suchet but I cannot see anything on his imdb.
            Last edited by sbakoola; 2 September 2018, 17:12.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
              Also I vaguely remember there being two panels where the family was split apart into feuding factions.

I thought that the psychologist driving the interviews and the analysis and questions was played by David Suchet but I cannot see anything on his imdb.
              Was the psychologist called Robert Robinson?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
                Silly replies above as expected.
                A happy punter then. On to more pressing matters;

There are some fruit flies in here that are really pissing me off. Two were drowned in my claret earlier. Does anyone have an idea for trapping the twats which doesn't involve vintage wine?

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  Was the psychologist called Robert Robinson?
                  The format of the show was not that different from 'Ask The Family' quiz show, the set was familiar, the two separated parts of the family except that I think I remember that the psychologist got up from his chair and approached the troublesome family who were sat in either of the two panels.

Did I dream it or am I going mad ?
                  It could have been called "Root of the Matter" or "Family roots' or 'Family Ties'. The intro had the faces of the family, I can remember the 'goth girl' family member' on it.

i can't remember whether it was on BBC1, BB2, ITV (doubt it as it was dark humor) or Channel 4.

Comment

This one ??

https://youtu.be/7hOOGWLshtE

Comment

Working...
                    X