• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Microsoft reader is no longer available for PDF's

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Doing my accounts and finding Office 2016 Excel has got v slow. Change a cell and wait seconds for mouse to move. No idea why, no VBA, and only same links as I have very year.

rant NOT over. My ranting is never over, just moves from subject to subject.
    I was astounded the other day using Excel 2016 when a simple addition returned an incorrect value because of error checking. If not for prudence I'd have assumed the value correct and moved on. Software now fills me with doubts. Crazy this is 2018 and the tools are becoming less capable than they were in 1998.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
      Same experience here. Copy-paste between cells causes a freeze for a couple of seconds, a powerful workstation too.

Just remember, it's your fault.

Suspicions suggest the problem is between the keyboard and the chair. Do you have the original packaging the computer came in?
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
        But in general, I agree. Fed up with functionality being changed or removed.
        Exactly the point of this thread I guess. One cannot work reliably when the tool box keeps changing on you.

Apple's Numbers has never been a contender but it's slowly moving up the chart as everything else slides down.

Comment

LibreOffice?

Works well for me, plus I still use Office97 for most of my speadsheets.

I may upgrade to Office2003 at some point
          Do what thou wilt

Comment

PICNIC

Nuff said.
            The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

Suspicions suggest the problem is between the keyboard and the chair. ...
              Maybe the Op should get the chair and keyboard some counselling sessions so that they can work out their differences.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                ...Software now fills me with doubts...
                So it should. It's the only sensible approach.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Check for large tables?
                  None. It even happens with a new sheet where I've just copied a bit of stuff. Very inconsistent fault, sometimes very slow with a white screen and not responding message, sometimes no problems at all with the same sheet. It could be some other program, anti-virus stuff etc.

a simple addition returned an incorrect value
                  That's really worrying! I can't check every cell in my umpteen sheets.
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 5 September 2018, 15:18.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

On a T&M contract you can.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Not really, it's scoots we're talking about here. While all software can have faults, I know where I'd bet the farm.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X