Microsoft reader is no longer available for PDF's Microsoft reader is no longer available for PDF's
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 21

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Default Microsoft reader is no longer available for PDF's

Every time I must use windows I'm running through hoops. I don't have access to the internet on the windaz computer yet the update has reduced the capability of the machine to a paperweight.

fecken windows, been only using it 5 minutes and I'm ready to punch the wall.

rant over
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

I've looked into your problem, and it's clear that the problem lies somewhere between keyboard and chair. Do you still have the boxes the computer came in?
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

Super poster

woohoo is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post

Every time I must use windows I'm running through hoops. I don't have access to the internet on the windaz computer yet the update has reduced the capability of the machine to a paperweight.

rant over
    Create a hotspot using your mobile and then connect the pc to the hotspot and download ms reader.

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I've looked into your problem, and it's clear that the problem lies somewhere between keyboard and chair. Do you still have the boxes the computer came in?
    Yes - it's my fault. Of course. Dear Microsoft, accept my apologies. Here have some money.

“We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Super poster

Lance - scorchio!

rant over
    Edge reads PDFs.

HTH
    See You Next Tuesday

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

rant over
    We can but hope that becomes a permanent situation...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

More fingers than teeth

xoggoth - scorchio!

Doing my accounts and finding Office 2016 Excel has got v slow. Change a cell and wait seconds for mouse to move. No idea why, no VBA, and only same links as I have very year.

rant NOT over. My ranting is never over, just moves from subject to subject.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Fingers like lightning

TwoWolves is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by xoggoth View Post
    Doing my accounts and finding Office 2016 Excel has got v slow. Change a cell and wait seconds for mouse to move. No idea why, no VBA, and only same links as I have very year.

rant NOT over. My ranting is never over, just moves from subject to subject.
    Same experience here. Copy-paste between cells causes a freeze for a couple of seconds, a powerful workstation too.

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Same experience here. Copy-paste between cells causes a freeze for a couple of seconds, a powerful workstation too.
    It's a plot to make you switch to M$ Money.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

Super poster

pjclarke 's job has never been outsourced

Check for large tables? I had a worksheet where I created some YUGE tables to 'allow for expansion', when performance suffered, cutting them down to the actual realistic size restored it.

But in general, I agree. Fed up with functionality being changed or removed.

The Groove Music iOS and Android apps will be retired on December 1, 2018. After that date, the apps won't work and should be uninstalled
    My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.