Fiat currency - is it doomed to failure? Fiat currency - is it doomed to failure?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 26

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot - scorchio!

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Default Fiat money - is it doomed to failure?

Can't be the only one observing the failing of fiat money from emerging economies. Venezuela, Turkey, Argentina, South Africa, whose next?!

Brazil will be next me thinks

I imagine UAE is on the list for picking, stories coming out of Dubai just don't stop: Dubai Builder Sees Property Slump Lasting for Years

Perhaps China in the coming months and then the US
    Last edited by scooterscot; 5th September 2018 at 07:22.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

My post count is Majestic

NickFitz has reached the peak. Play again?

northernladuk is always on top

What's the fix? Lemme guess.. Crypto?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Fingers like lightning

TwoWolves is NOT a disguised employee

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Can't be the only one observing the failing of fiat currency from emerging economies. Venezuela, Turkey, Argentina, South Africa, whose next?!

I imagine UAE is on the list for picking, stories coming out of Dubai just don't stop: Dubai Builder Sees Property Slump Lasting for Years

Read this:

https://www.bullionvault.com/gold-ne...polo_072120083

China has a long history of misusing paper money. It's not the system that's the problem, it's the thieving governments and their corruption that's the problem.

Double Godlike!

greenlake has reached the peak. Play again?

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    What's the fix? Lemme guess.. Crypto?
    Yep. Be ready for scooter's ICO....coming soon....!

AtW is a fount of knowledge

"Fiat currency" is EUR and USD - proper reserve currencies, everything else is a variable.

HTH

Godlike

Mordac is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by scooterscot View Post
    Can't be the only one observing the failing of fiat currency from emerging economies. Venezuela, Turkey, Argentina, South Africa, whose next?!

Upon seeing any question with the words "currency" and "Venezuela" in it, you really do have to question the sanity of the person asking the question. In this case, it's Scooty, so we already know the answer...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Godlike

barrydidit is a fount of knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    "Fiat currency" is EUR and USD - proper reserve currencies, everything else is a variable.

HTH
    I thought it was what you used in the canteen at the big factory in Turin.

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

The US will prevent any other currency becoming strong enough to challenge it as the global currency, until something is good enough and trusted enough to become a gold-backed currency. Which means the USD is safe for a long time to come yet. Sorry scoots.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot - scorchio!

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Quote Originally Posted by LondonManc View Post
    The US will prevent any other currency becoming strong enough to challenge it as the global currency, until something is good enough and trusted enough to become a gold-backed currency. Which means the USD is safe for a long time to come yet. Sorry scoots.
    I'm not so sure. I think the US dollar will divide into various forms of US dollar between the states. Like New York state dollar, Californian dollar etc. But only four or five states, the rest will be stuck with a deprecating original dollar.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”