Two Russian Nationals named as suspects in Novichok poisoning Two Russian Nationals named as suspects in Novichok poisoning - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Posts 21 to 30 of 38

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

"If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Super poster

Eirikur - scorchio!

Little history lesson for the brainless brexiteer

EU and Ukraine (note NOT "The") wanted to agree on a partnership, there was and is no mention of Ukraine entering the EU or as you put it the EU annexing Ukraine. Putin didn't like it however and blocked it as he was afraid Ukraine was leaving the Russian sphere of influence, by using his puppet Yanukovich who was president at the time.
    This led to a revolt by the Ukrainian people
    As a result Yanukovich was ousted by the popular uprising (during which he ordered the police to shoot life rounds at the crowds and over a 100 people died) and fled to Russia
    Putin invaded Crimea and Eastern Ukraine and Annexed Crimea

Double Godlike!

LondonManc is a fount of knowledge

I stayed at that CityStay Hotel in Bow where they stayed when the prices of other hotels were through the roof near CW due to the boat show at Excel.

Cheap and dated, but a lockable door and free wifi was all I was bothered about for a couple of night's sleep.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Eirikur View Post
    Little history lesson for the brainless brexiteer

EU and Ukraine (note NOT "The") wanted to agree on a partnership, there was and is no mention of Ukraine entering the EU or as you put it the EU annexing Ukraine. Putin didn't like it however and blocked it as he was afraid Ukraine was leaving the Russian sphere of influence, by using his puppet Yanukovich who was president at the time.
    This led to a revolt by the Ukrainian people
    As a result Yanukovich was ousted by the popular uprising (during which he ordered the police to shoot life rounds at the crowds and over a 100 people died) and fled to Russia
    Putin invaded Crimea and Eastern Ukraine and Annexed Crimea
    As it was called "The Ukraine" when part of the USSR as much of it is back in Russia and Vlad thinks he owns the rest its a moot point. I will try to avoid using the "The" in future.

Do please avoid personal attacks as you aren't equipped for a battle of wits.

The EU was creating stronger economic & political bonds with Ukraine, Russia publicly made it clear that they were very unhappy about this as Crimea is part of the mouth of the Black sea where the Russian fleet sits. A number of military experts explained this at length on the news.

The EU & Ukraine continued to get closer together and probably the most dangerous western world leader reacted. Of course the EU did f. all and the poor bastards in the Crimea & Ukraine paid for the EU's stupidity.
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

AtW is a fount of knowledge

So it’s ok to invade neighbour country if they decide to have better economic ties with their other neighbours?

Better than AtW

sasguru - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by AtW View Post
    So it’s ok to invade neighbour country if they decide to have better economic ties with their other neighbours?
    You're not suggesting that vetran (sic) doesn't know what he's talking about, are you? Shirley not.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Is it OK to annex another country (or part of it) whilst claiming some other country was going to do it first?

Fingers like lightning

TwoWolves is NOT a disguised employee

Murder is never OK. Let's be honest, that's what it leads to. Nevertheless, antagonising nations without a good plan and a threat to deadlock the ascent of power is just plain stupid. The EU showed the world that they were not statesman of any calibre. The Russians see the region as their sphere and everyone know it.

Plus: https://www.businessinsider.com/here...pe-2014-3?IR=T

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWolves View Post
    Murder is never OK. Let's be honest, that's what it leads to. Nevertheless, antagonising nations without a good plan and a threat to deadlock the ascent of power is just plain stupid. The EU showed the world that they were not statesman of any calibre. The Russians see the region as their sphere and everyone know it.

Plus: https://www.businessinsider.com/here...pe-2014-3?IR=T
    So that makes it acceptable by the Russians to annex part of Ukraine and kill British citizens using banned chemicals inside UK?

It's pretty amazing to still see Putin's apologists on here, are you fooking idiots or what?

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

So it’s ok to invade neighbour country if they decide to have better economic ties with their other neighbours?...Is it OK to annex another country (or part of it) whilst claiming some other country was going to do it first?
    The Russian/Putin apologists Vetran and TwoWolves seems to think so. Apparently if someone powerful is unhappy about something, you should do your best to appease them. Worked well for Chamberlain.

Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    do please avoid personal attacks as you aren't equipped for a battle of wits.
    Whereas you are halfway there.
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...