• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Two Russian Nationals named as suspects in Novichok poisoning

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't Ukraine joining the EU a red line for Vlad because EU membership = NATO membership?

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...o-russia-putin

I think Ukraine being in NATO is a big fat nyet - I think Crimea strategically is an even bigger nyet if it were to become a NATO territory.

Also didn't this all happen right after Russia said nyet to the first Syrian invasion attempt? I remember it going like this:

Us - OK, we've done Iraq now, let's do Syria!
    Vlad - erm - I'm gonna have to say nyet to that one guys sorry (I like my gas monopoly to Europe thanks you very much)
    *Regime change in Ukraine* (passenger plane shot down)
    Vlad - erm.... OK, well I'm having Crimea - you're not check mating me that easily
    *Annexes Crimea, supports East Ukraine rebels*

That's how I saw it unfold, although I am biased on the side of fake news and a useful idiot so I happy to have some gaps filled in.
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      As it was called "The Ukraine" when part of the USSR as much of it is back in Russia and Vlad thinks he owns the rest its a moot point. I will try to avoid using the "The" in future.

Do please avoid personal attacks as you aren't equipped for a battle of wits.

The EU was creating stronger economic & political bonds with Ukraine, Russia publicly made it clear that they were very unhappy about this as Crimea is part of the mouth of the Black sea where the Russian fleet sits. A number of military experts explained this at length on the news.

The EU & Ukraine continued to get closer together and probably the most dangerous western world leader reacted. Of course the EU did f. all and the poor bastards in the Crimea & Ukraine paid for the EU's stupidity.
      You show that you have absolutely no knowledge about this subject except what your Kremlin masters tell you. I happen to know a lot about this subject and you're just talking BS

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
        I am biased on the side of fake news and a useful idiot so I happy to have some gaps filled in.
        Well that much is obvious.
        It's impossible to fill in the gaps though, as they exist between your ears.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Well that much is obvious.
          It's impossible to fill in the gaps though, as they exist between your ears.
          Knocked it out of the park again I aee...
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Apparently there's another Assad gas attack in the prepping... US have threatened to hit Russian assets in retaliation if/when it does happen if they 'get in the way'. Very little about Idlib in the news and a lot happening there right now...

Comment

"just tourists"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45509697

Who liked Salisbury so much that they visited it twice, on sequential days while staying in London..

Comment

Originally posted by jds 1981 View Post
                "just tourists"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45509697

Who liked Salisbury so much that they visited it twice, on sequential days while staying in London..

Ah the Corbyn gambit - I was there but I didn't take part!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

"Tourists" that come to the uk for 2 days and when they get to their destination Salisbury cathedral they go back because of the cold weather to Moscow where it is even colder
                  We've seen the Russian tourists before in Eastern Ukraine where they came armed with tanks on their holidays

For Trotskyist Corbyn fully believable

Comment

Working...
                  X