• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best place for £10k when ISA maxes out.... ERNIE?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place for £10k when ISA maxes out.... ERNIE?

Maxes out ISA for this year, needs to be zero risk and instant access as it’s a house deposit, anywhere better than premium bonds? Is a 1-2-3 account more hassle than it’s worth now it has a £5 charge and the myriad of pre-requisites
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Coventry are just going to put their instant access savings up to 1.5% which isn't bad for high street and one hundred percent safe - better than the 123 currently (although that works well for me because I have a mortgage with Stan tander and pay three lots of council tax for rental properties so get quite a goodly chunk back in the rebate thing)

Comment

If Coventry goes bust, who will bail it out?

Comment

Buy Dr Scoot's magic beans.
        This time next year, you'll be a millionare.

Comment

Premium bonds isn't a bad shout for zero risk.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            To some extent that doesn't matter as long as we're talking less than 85k - which I assume that we are as the OP was talking about 123 accounts which only pay 1.5% on balances up to 20k

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Premium bonds isn't a bad shout for zero risk.
              Zero tax too, even if you are an "additional" rate tax payer

Comment

Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
                To some extent that doesn't matter as long as we're talking less than 85k - which I assume that we are as the OP was talking about 123 accounts which only pay 1.5% on balances up to 20k
                85k limit is mandated by the EUSSR though, dirty red tape regulators, after Brexit it will be much nicer 0k...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                  Nuneaton.

Comment

Halifax kids saver - 2% on 5k for each child. You can have two accounts per child.

No tax as it's for the kids innit.

It was 20k per child, but they said that parents had been abusing it.

https://www.halifax.co.uk/savings/ac...ds/kids-saver/
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X