• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I may never work again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
    What about another tat shop? You'll be just in time to open one in April, after that-what-we-can't talk-about-on-here has happened...
    You mean Christmas?
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
      You mean Christmas?
      one letter earlier! its the one with its own feckwit forum!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Mrs MF said you just needed a little help

https://onlinedoctor.lloydspharmacy..../the-blue-pill

Comment

You mean Christmas?
          A little late for Xmas methinks. Was at the NEC earlier in the week where I have cut some great deals with some suppliers but the Xmas stock is bought in Feb, but my new shop unit has not yet been agreed. I have offered to buy the freehold of a property I used to rent but they haven't accepted my offer yet. It would take at lease 6-8 weeks to get it sorted, and a couple of weeks to decorate it (assuming I don't put a new frontage on which I want to), so most likely wouldn't be open until Jan/Feb.

Just been to a shopping centre where I might hedge my bets and try and take a short-term tenancy if I can agree on the purchase so I can get up and trading quickly
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            A little late for Xmas methinks. Was at the NEC earlier in the week where I have cut some great deals with some suppliers but the Xmas stock is bought in Feb, but my new shop unit has not yet been agreed. I have offered to buy the freehold of a property I used to rent but they haven't accepted my offer yet. It would take at lease 6-8 weeks to get it sorted, and a couple of weeks to decorate it (assuming I don't put a new frontage on which I want to), so most likely wouldn't be open until Jan/Feb.

Just been to a shopping centre where I might hedge my bets and try and take a short-term tenancy if I can agree on the purchase so I can get up and trading quickly

You're seriously thinking of getting involved with a bricks and mortar shop?

Short cut it by dropshipping, and if you must have a presence on 'the high street' go and dress up like one of those 'golf sale this way' people but with an iPad they can order your tat from instead of directing them to a shop.
            Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              one letter earlier! its the one with its own feckwit forum!
              Mumsnet?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                You're seriously thinking of getting involved with a bricks and mortar shop?

Short cut it by dropshipping, and if you must have a presence on 'the high street' go and dress up like one of those 'golf sale this way' people but with an iPad they can order your tat from instead of directing them to a shop.
                Yes believe it or not I am looking at Bricks and Mortar, but I am not completely naive.

There's no way my bricks & mortar shop will last in it's own way without being multichannel. I already had Ebay, but I also now have an Amazon Seller account where I have recently started using Amazon FBA for some products to try it out. Domains are registered, Facebook & Instragram set up & I'm just getting a Shopmium site up. I've just agreed a courier deal with a firm that uses Parcelforce & Yodel.

A supplier I have previously used has offered me exclusivity in the area, but also has offered me products at 2 X FOB as opposed to their normal wholesale rate which is 3 x FOB as I had done some IT Work for them previously. Two of the suppliers do dropshop, so the plan is to integrate seamlessly marketplaces, shop & ecommerce into one, where the bricks and mortar can be used as a pick up location & packing, distribution point.

The offer I have made is a cash offer for the property. It's below market rates as he want's a quick sale for something else, so the plan is (If he accepts as my offer is much lower) to get the property, spend some money doing it up and then spinning it into a SIPP where I'll make a little cash from my pension fund as it will sell at market rates. Any rent is then tax deductible as the shop is set up as a sole trader and it goes directly into my Pension.

So I'm all setup, just need the guy to accept my low offer and I'm ready to roll.

Comment

Mumsnet?
                  a mod that doesn't know their alphabet - why am I not surprised

Comment

Stealing test networks isn't work...

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                      Clearly you're not married and don't have any kids, which is why you can survive on the rent from 3 houses and why 10 years' worth of expenses is probably something like £500/month for you.

Anyway, as for doing something: play Fortnite. It'll suck up the hours from your remaining days like you never would have thought.
                      Married with 2 kids. My outgoings are around 3-3.5k per month. But then again Zopa pays me 1500 per month and rent is around 1800, if it wasn't for tax and the school fees I'd be laughing.

Comment

Working...
                      X