• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The dark side is calling (contract to perm)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    That, Brexit and work/life balance led me to the dark side. Missing some elements, but not others.
    Just like Brexit, we can leave(contracting) and still enjoy the benefits(posting Tulipe on CUK).
    Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Offered base + benefits would be about 20% under a year's current contract money after tax - although there's a discretionary bonus, to which nobody will commit any actual amounts, and my Googling hasn't turned up much. (Other than 'bankers' make hugely more than 'non-bankers')

What's the cash package in terms of day rate multiple?

(the cash element is the guaranteed portion, the salary that is paid without discretion)

I had a friend in IB HR who advised the multiple that could be achieved without requiring higher sign-offs - give me a little while, will try and dig out the old mail. It'll at least help you to decide if the conversion is good (of course your old rate may be good or bad)

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post

What's the cash package in terms of day rate multiple?
        Thanks, that’s interesting - it’s about 190x.

Comment

Originally posted by oversteer View Post
          Thanks, that’s interesting - it’s about 190x.
          That's a good conversion.

So, what I was told, its 220 x day rate less 20% for the benefits package, = 176 day rate multiple.

220 is the days worked less holidays and sick time.

The 20% package is pension (around 10-13% non-contributory), health insurance, bonus, etc

All in all, I think your conversion is at a good rate.

You got to decide if your original rate was fair.

HTH

Comment

Inneresting.

I am at just over 255.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
              Inneresting.

I am at just over 255.
              Yeah, but it was a piss poor day rate!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Mods Help!!!!

Can we please quarantine this thread and any like it before the contagion of LilyLiveritus spreads.

Better still can we have a forum where contractor -> stepford wives converts are confined to.
                But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by ContractorBanking View Post
                  So, what I was told, its 220 x day rate less 20% for the benefits package, = 176 day rate multiple.
                  Thanks, that’s really helpful - current rate is fair.
                  tbh I could probably get a new contract at about the 175-180 rate but I could make a small allowance for the fact that it’s somewhere I’m already set up, know the ropes, wfh etc.

It’s not forever, if I don’t make MD in five years I’ll quit

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                    Can we please quarantine this thread and any like it before the contagion of LilyLiveritus spreads.

Better still can we have a forum where contractor -> stepford wives converts are confined to.
                    Yeah, and can we have EO and Minestrone back?

I miss scrapping with Minestrone... ...those were the days, he'd come home rolling drunk, Suity would rip him a new arsehole! Shaunbhoy would get lonely and start on Sasguru.

MF would try to be funny - I'm sure he'll get there one day, the lad just needs some gentle coaching!

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                      Yeah, and can we have EO and Minestrone back?

I miss scrapping with Minestrone... ...those were the days, he'd come home rolling drunk, Suity would rip him a new arsehole! Shaunbhoy would get lonely and start on Sasguru.

MF would try to be funny - I'm sure he'll get there one day, the lad just needs some gentle coaching!
                      And Chico!
                      But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Working...
                      X