• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What can I do to stay awake today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What can I do to stay awake today?

In preparation for a new role starting tomorrow, I have forcibly ejected myself from bed at 7am this morning in order to re-align my body's circadian rhythm to the required early start, compared to the lazy go-to-bed at 4am, wake-at-noon lazython I always end up in when not working. I went out first for a hearty breakfast, then sent a whinging email to Sainsburys, before trying to fix my car dashcam. But I am starting to droop now.
    How can I keep myself awake for the rest of the day, so that I'll sleep from 11pm tonight, and wake up refreshed for work?

No, the answer does not involve the use of amphetamines.

Lots of sex

Comment

Have a cup of coffee usually does the trick for me. Also don't go to sleep at 11pm go to sleep at 10 or 10.30.It makes a massive difference especially for the first week. You'll thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofTarbera View Post
        Lots of sex
        I think that has the reverse effect? Or maybe I'm doing it wrong.

Comment

get on yer bike !

Or stay on here today meaning you spend all day dealing with idiots like us spouting bollox. Should get you ready for work.
          Last edited by vetran; 9 September 2018, 10:32.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

do some exercise
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X