• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Serena Williams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Massive hissy fit..

And then to blame it on sexism. I was expecting her to play the race card next.

She's supposed to be a professional sports-person. Pathetic.
    Do what thou wilt

Comment

I was totally with her. Until her coach admitted he was actually coaching.

Comment

I think she probably believes it's true that what happened to her was related to her being a woman. I don't see any space for gender bias for what happened, if the rules of the sport were followed.

I agree with other comments that it just makes her a very poor loser to make that the focus of her performance, which was otherwise inadequate to win the match.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
          That still won't get you into her knickers!

Personally, she was losing anyway, she needed an excuse.

The umpire has ~40 years of experience and now has his reputation in tatters caused by a spoilt bitch used to getting her own way.
          She's lost lots of time before without causing all this fuss.

All seems very odd. IIRC she doesn't have a particular history of histrionics on court, compared to many other players. Being docked a whole game is very unusual and the crowd were on her side too.

A shame.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I'm sure Serena has proof that this umpire treats women and men differently.

Poor bloke I wouldn't want her shouting at me.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotslaw View Post
              I think she probably believes it's true that what happened to her was related to her being a woman. I don't see any space for gender bias for what happened, if the rules of the sport were followed.
              Because she claims men are not penalised. i.e. it wasn't wrong how she was penalised, BUT men seem to get away with it.

I think a lot of the umpires should be more strict and not put up with nonsense from the players, but it seems the male players can be quite intimidating. Though that said Serena could be pretty intimidating and in fact that's a big part of her game.

Comment

It didn't help she was one win away from matching Margaret Court's record. She probably saw this slipping away and couldn't let go.

Comment

Originally posted by jbond007 View Post
                  It didn't help she was one win away from matching Margaret Court's record. She probably saw this slipping away and couldn't let go.
                  That was the same at Wimbledon and she didn't throw a hissy fit. She's back competing at Slam finals remarkably quickly after a substantial time away and serious health issues, so getting overly stressed doesn't seem her style. Maybe there is some other element to this we don't know. Or maybe she was just having a really bad day.

Still nowhere near as bad as Kyrios.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    She's lost lots of time before without causing all this fuss.

All seems very odd. IIRC she doesn't have a particular history of histrionics on court,
                    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/te...rs-defeat.html

Serena argues with chair umpire after hindrance call | TENNIS.com

Comment

'ang on! That used to be one of my sockies!

Now, who did I donate it to...?
                      Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Working...
                      X