• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Serena Williams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

“I’m a mother”

Lol, so what!
    http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Originally posted by PurpleGorilla View Post
      “I’m a mother”

Lol, so what!
      She acts more like a spoilt brat...
      Do what thou wilt

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Black View Post
        Massive hissy fit..

And then to blame it on sexism. I was expecting her to play the race card next.

She's supposed to be a professional sports-person. Pathetic.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          This cartoon is currently being branded as being racist. Discuss

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
            There are some very stupid people on this planet.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

It's a cartoon doing what a cartoon does; exaggerating somebody's physical features. It's not supposed to be flattering regardless of the colour of the subject.
              Last edited by Big Blue Plymouth; 11 September 2018, 13:07.

Comment

if I was a virtue signalling SJW I wouldn't let that one pass without making as much out of it as I possibly could.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

It's a cartoon doing what a cartoon does; exaggerating somebody's physical features. It's not supposed to be flattering regardless of the colour of the subject.
                  Quite. How is it any different from the political cartoons, the one of Boris Johnson in today's Independent, for example?

https://www.independent.co.uk/
                  Last edited by xoggoth; 11 September 2018, 14:40.
                  bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                  John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Quite. How is it any different from the stuff on here for example?

https://www.independent.co.uk/#gallery
                    Doesn't matter - it's all about the approval points.
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

On the one hand this seems pure caricature which isn't racist. On the other people say this exact style was widely used for racist purposes and now, like calling someone the N-word, nobody can claim they don't know it will be taken that way. It mostly seems OK to me.

However this is Naomi Osaka

She is a black/japanese woman with skin nearly as dark as Serena's, and brown frizzy hair. Why is she portrayed as a skinny, white woman with a blonde ponytail?
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X