• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bizarre conversation about driving speeds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
    You don't do that in Bradford...

Green means go.
    Yellow means go faster.
    Red means next 3 cars please.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

That looks to me like both drivers went through on red.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Driving in the right lane in the snow is good advice, particularly if nobody else has - that way the snow isn't compacted down so you've a chance of getting some grip on the road.
        Fecking foreign HGV lorry drivers tried that during a recent snowstorm & ended up stranded by going into the gravel trap between 3rd lane & armco on the M20
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
          That looks to me like both drivers went through on red.
          I saw the aftermath of that. The corsa was doing the Bradford standard 70mph in a 30 zone. The Audi was trying to turn right at a bit of road which isn't actually a turning - it was in a 100m queue for the right turn lights and was trying to save time.

I think the interesting thing about that clip is that both of them leg it (the scrotes in the corsa and the Audi). When I saw the scene there were Fire, Ambulance and police in attendance, presumably for the unlucky beggars who ended up with the corsa on their bonnet.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            He's probably one of those guys who always sits in the right hand lane during congestion, and never notices he's overtaking the same trucks again and again.

I used to commute around the M25, and gradually noticed this phenomenum. The leftmost lane tends to flow better at busy times. It changed my driving style, as now as soon as I see congestion up ahead, I get into the leftmost lane (or rightmost on the continent).
            Long ago worked out that whanging along in the outside lane as you say is often worse.

Not worth the stress.....

Saying that my mrs is the opposite. Always late for work. Works about 20-25 mins drive from home. Leaves 10 minutes to start time and then floors it - no matter how many times I tell her you aint gonna catch up that much time.
            Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
              You don't do that in Bradford...

It was far too dangerous for the little car to stop at the amber light as they were doing 100mph+......

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                I used to commute around the M25, and gradually noticed this phenomenum. The leftmost lane tends to flow better at busy times. ..
                The snag is during the rush hour the queues to exit at junctions often back right onto leftmost lane of the motorway.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  The snag is during the rush hour the queues to exit at junctions often back right onto leftmost lane of the motorway.
                  Traffic lights on slip-roads are slowly but surely screwing up that scenario!
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

People are @rseholes!

/thread.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                      That's why I said "Tends". You have to watch out for queues to leave and to enter the motorway.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X