Bizarre conversation about driving speeds Bizarre conversation about driving speeds
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 21

Ddraig Goch

psychocandy - scorchio!

Default Bizarre conversation about driving speeds

Got into conversation about driving with new contractor at clientco who happened to live near me. He said he drove to work at 90mph if he could whereas I said I can't be bothered with the extra hassle, stress, speeding tickets so stick to 7omph. Its 15 miles to approx 2 mins extra I said.

His answer was no it doesnt work like that. It can be up to an hour or more if there is an accident and if hes going 90mph he would miss it and I might get stuck in it if I was behind him.

Now that made my head hurt a bit because its just plain stupid. I did try to explain that yes those two minutes extra on the road did mean I'd be more prone to an accident but it wasnt really that much of a chance.

He also said he ALWAYS speeds through traffic lights on amber because if you miss one, then its more of a delay.

I ended up feeling this person doesn't have the mental capacity to be allowed to drive.....

(although saying that I'm sure if I asked my mrs she'd think the same as this guy!)
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Super poster

fullyautomatix 's job has never been outsourced

Any other tales that make you look clever that you want to regale us with?
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

Perhaps setting the alarm clock to go off 10 minutes earlier might do the trick. Stopped commuting 10 years ago, don't know why people still do it. I guess for the same reason hamsters like running in a wheel to nowhere.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

Double Godlike!

original PM is a fount of knowledge

Nah you are right he is a ******.

Probably the sort of person to park on a box junction - because him getting home 2 minutes earlier is more important that obeying traffic laws.

And unless all you do is drive on the motorway for those 15 miles then the likely hood of him doing 90 to your 70 is unlikely to ever gain him more than 30 seconds to a minute tops.

Does he drive an Audi, a beemer or more recently it seems Merc drivers have become cocks.

Super poster

vwdan is NOT a disguised employee

Are you sure he's not just messing with you? My Go-To windup for Miss Daisy types is that I always go as fast as possible in the snow, as the less time I'm out there the less chance I have of getting into an accident.

Plus, nobody else is stupid enough to be doing 100+ in the right hand lane in the snow.

Prof Cunning @ Oxford Uni

WTFH is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by vwdan View Post
    Are you sure he's not just messing with you? My Go-To windup for Miss Daisy types is that I always go as fast as possible in the snow, as the less time I'm out there the less chance I have of getting into an accident.

Plus, nobody else is stupid enough to be doing 100+ in the right hand lane in the snow.

Driving in the right lane in the snow is good advice, particularly if nobody else has - that way the snow isn't compacted down so you've a chance of getting some grip on the road.
    Strong and Stable Moderation

Ddraig Goch

psychocandy - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Any other tales that make you look clever that you want to regale us with?
    I is clever

Was this person you then? :-)
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

King of updation

TestMangler - scorchio!

Great post Bro. Would read again.
    On Desolation Boulevard, they'd light the faded lights.....

Respect my authoritah!

NotAllThere is always on top

He's probably one of those guys who always sits in the right hand lane during congestion, and never notices he's overtaking the same trucks again and again.

I used to commute around the M25, and gradually noticed this phenomenum. The leftmost lane tends to flow better at busy times. It changed my driving style, as now as soon as I see congestion up ahead, I get into the leftmost lane (or rightmost on the continent).
    Hmm. I'm beginning to suspect that you need to find all the packing the computer came in...

Contractor Among Contractors

PhiltheGreek - scorchio!

Quote Originally Posted by psychocandy View Post
    He also said he ALWAYS speeds through traffic lights on amber because if you miss one, then its more of a delay.
    You don't do that in Bradford...