• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear - looks like the Swedes aren't happy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh dear - looks like the Swedes aren't happy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45466174

The Swedish general election has left the two main political blocs almost tied, with the anti-immigration party making gains on its previous results.

With nearly all ballots counted, the governing centre-left coalition is marginally ahead of its centre-right Alliance rivals, with around 40% each.

The nationalist Sweden Democrats (SD) have won about 18% of the vote, up from 12.9% in the previous election.

Let me guess that part of <insert country that elected more of the far right here> is always a bit racist? Either there is a worrying lurch to the right or the definition has moved.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-45466174

Let me guess that part of <insert country that elected more of the far right here> is always a bit racist? Either there is a worrying lurch to the right or the definition has moved.
    It's a bit of both, with some on 'the left' trying to de-legitimatise/de-platform those with alternative viewpoints, by labelling them alt/far-right, as a means to avoid rational discourse...
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
    X