• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gender pay gap in professional tennis

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by meridian View Post
    Are you new in General? You seem a bit thin-skinned.

I prefer an evidence-based argument, and on the evidence so far your only interest is in pointing out where women are paid more than men. It might be ad hominem, but it also helps to understand your agenda and to evidence your lie that you’re interested in ALL pay discrepancies.
    Again with the personal stuff. I'm not thin skinned in general, but have a low threshold for unrelenting bull****.
    Normally I would try to be polite and cater to people's preferences, but in your case and special brand of thickness, I'll make an exception. Since you can't read the posts properly, conduct an argument properly, and more than anything, since you are clearly defending a gender based pay gap, I will leave you with one thought...

You enshrine some unpleasant and very biased views which seem to cloud your ability to read and absorb information or have a civil discussion. At the moment, it's making you an unpleasant person to interact with. If you work on it, you might be able to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Scotslaw View Post
      Again with the personal stuff. I'm not thin skinned in general, but have a low threshold for unrelenting bull****. .
      Unfortunately that describes General to a tee, especially any financial related thread started by Scoots.
      Last edited by northernladuk; 13 September 2018, 13:55.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Unfortunately that describes General to a tee, especially any financial related thread started by Scoots.
        Quite surprisingly apart from the to and fro above this thread hasn't devolved into the usual chaos you see in General.

Comment

Originally posted by wparkar View Post
          Quite surprisingly apart from the to and fro above this thread hasn't devolved into the usual chaos you see in General.
          People from Scotland are renowned for their cool temperament (to match the cold climate) and ability to remain well mannered even when confronted with extreme irritants

Comment

Gender pay gap in professional tennis

Again with the personal stuff. I'm not thin skinned in general, but have a low threshold for unrelenting bull****.
            Normally I would try to be polite and cater to people's preferences, but in your case and special brand of thickness, I'll make an exception. Since you can't read the posts properly, conduct an argument properly, and more than anything, since you are clearly defending a gender based pay gap, I will leave you with one thought...

You enshrine some unpleasant and very biased views which seem to cloud your ability to read and absorb information or have a civil discussion. At the moment, it's making you an unpleasant person to interact with. If you work on it, you might be able to improve.
            It seems unpleasant to you because you’re holding a view that doesn’t look nice when a mirror is held up to it.

Sorry that I’m not joining your misogynistic circle jerk and agreeing with you that women tennis players are overpaid on the basis of some low-grade maths and showing little appreciation for the wider socio-economic factors for why this is an anomaly in gender pay balance and not the norm.

When you post a more balanced narrative that fits your professed desire for all pay gaps to be narrowed, and not just the rare example of where women’s pay might be higher than men’s, then perhaps I’ll respect your argument more.

Vetran has a far better argument than you do, and he’s thick as mince.
            Last edited by meridian; 13 September 2018, 15:03.

Comment

You know what that is? It's the white noise of nobody giving a s*** about what feeble counter arguments you manage to cook up now.
              Keep jogging to the next thread, troll.

Comment

Originally posted by wparkar View Post
                F*** off you bedwetting lickspittle.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You know what that is? It's the white noise of nobody giving a s*** about what feeble counter arguments you manage to cook up now.
                  Keep jogging to the next thread, troll.
                  Property prices in Edinburgh? Why would I have an interest in that, I don’t have the temperament for it. ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    F*** off you bedwetting lickspittle.
                    That's what Hitler would have said, you Nazi.

Comment

It seems unpleasant to you because you’re holding a view that doesn’t look nice when a mirror is held up to it.

Sorry that I’m not joining your misogynistic circle jerk and agreeing with you that women tennis players are overpaid on the basis of some low-grade maths and showing little appreciation for the wider socio-economic factors for why this is an anomaly in gender pay balance and not the norm.

When you post a more balanced narrative that fits your professed desire for all pay gaps to be narrowed, and not just the rare example of where women’s pay might be higher than men’s, then perhaps I’ll respect your argument more.

Vetran has a far better argument than you do, and he’s thick as mince.
                      Crap, are mumsnet members having a forum holiday in contractoruk again?

Comment

Working...
                      X