We are in luck B'ruin has spotted this global financial catastrophe We are in luck B'ruin has spotted this global financial catastrophe
Posts 1 to 4 of 4

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Default We are in luck B'ruin has spotted this global financial catastrophe

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...k-warning.html

‘The world is sleepwalking into a financial crisis': Ten years after the crisis that shook his premiership, Gordon Brown issues a stark warning over the global economy
    Former PM said many of the problems from 2009 had not been resolved
    Brown warned that punishments for those responsible had not increased
    He admitted Labour should have been tougher on the City in the pre-crisis years
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

Contractor Among Contractors

Bean 's job has never been outsourced

If they had, they wouldnae have been able to stop the Boom & Bust cycle
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

More fingers than teeth

scooterscot is a fount of knowledge

Anywhere that is not broken Brexit Britain

"The financial crisis." I hate this euphemism. It was a banking scandal, not a financial crisis. The banks employed criminals to break the law and, ultimately, siphon £1tn from the public purse, very little of which has been recovered and very few of the criminals have been held to account. The MSM complicity in maintaining the false narrative is itself scandalous.

A proper financial crisis is indeed in the post, Brown is not wrong about that. He's still an infuriating numpty though.
    “We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible. And we count these moments. These moments when we dare to aim higher, to break barriers, to reach for the stars, to make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that. Or perhaps we've just forgotten that we are still pioneers. And we've barely begun. And that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us, because our destiny lies above us.”

My post count is Majestic

vetran is always on top

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    If they had, they wouldnae have been able to stop the Boom & Bust cycle
    it was a Global crisis there is nothing the Government could do about it. However this is a Global crisis the uncaring Tory barstewards are going to ignore purposefully and drive those poor workers we didn't undercut by importing cheap labour further into poverty!
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.