• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Low flying van

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Low flying van

Wheeeeee!

When the fun stops, STOP.

Did it land and carry on driving???
    I cant see any wreckage as the camera comes off the roundabout.

Comment

It's either in the middle of the roundabout or low earth orbit.

Personally I think it was the UK space program's 1st launch attempt to rival the Galileo GPS system.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
        Did it land and carry on driving???
        I cant see any wreckage as the camera comes off the roundabout.
        Policw report said 3 occupants were taken to hospital with varying injuries. So I'm guessing it came to a fairly abrupt halt on landing.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

"It is quite a bad roundabout, he just didn't see what was coming because he was going so fast.

"He was on his own, he had a few cuts and bruises but the ambulance came straight away and took him to hospital.

"He just didn't see the roundabout coming."
          https://uk.news.yahoo.com/speeding-v...125800760.html

As stated in the comments, these roundabouts are bastards, they just leap out of nowhere in front of you.

Though, saying that, I nearly ended up on a roundabout between the A14 & the M1 20 odd years ago.

And some of those years have been truly odd, it must be said.

Curiously, on the same roundabout, there was a 5cwt van perched neatly about halfway up the slope.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 September 2018, 13:33.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Policw report said 3 occupants were taken to hospital with varying injuries. So I'm guessing it came to a fairly abrupt halt on landing.
            I'm guessing the van was also taken to the equivalent van hospital with varying injuries to its suspension!

I nearly did the same on a raised roundabout "island" in a north London back street one rainy night a few years ago.

Didn't see the perishing thing, and bombed over it at 50 MPH, although luckily the result wasn't quite as spectacular as van man's caper.
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Though, saying that, I nearly ended up on a roundabout between the A14 & the M1 20 odd years ago.
              Was that at Catthorpe Interchange? That was a horrible junction, thankfully replaced with proper connecting carriageways now.

Comment

Reminds me of one of my landings..

Comment

did that on a norton atlas in the late sixties. the landing made my eyes water somewhat.
                  the bike was ok though, and i completed my journey
                  <was walking funny for a few days though>

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    low earth orbit
                    While it's up there, it can say hi to your crypto advice.

Comment

Working...
                    X