• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And that I never thought I would hear

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And that I never thought I would hear

James O'whine recommended buying the daily mail today... Can't find the Audio but here is a tweet.

https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status...15164846673920

Will we see him change his mind on next March.

Are we going to see even handed moderation on here?

Will there soon be a sect worshipping the Virgin NLyUK?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

No wonder that LBC nutter James O'Brien is pleased.

Now Dacre has been replaced by some Europhiliac, the Daily Mail's pro-Brexit stance will doubtless give way to Remain scaremongering and pro-EU propaganda.

Whoever thought that was a Good Idea presumably has no financial stake in the Mail, because their readership will soon plummet!
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      No wonder that LBC nutter James O'Brien is pleased.

Now Dacre has been replaced by some Europhiliac, the Daily Mail's pro-Brexit stance will doubtless give way to Remain scaremongering and pro-EU propaganda.

Whoever thought that was a Good Idea presumably has no financial stake in the Mail, because their readership will soon plummet!
      The Rothermeres, owners of the Daily Mail.
      They've followed the Murdochs in changing their mind about Brexit.
      Presumably they realise it won't be good for business in the long run if the majority of people in the Uk are impoverished by Brexit.
      I doubt the readership will plummet, the idiots who read the Mail e.g. the starter of this thread are incapable of their own analysis and will be regurgitate what they are fed.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Indeed they sway with the wind, the same rabidly anti-Brexit newspaper was sympathetic to Tony Blair after he won his landslide victory.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Just as a reminder:

Lord Rothermere takes up a seat on the Labour party's benches

Lord Rothermere, the Conservative press baron who owns the Daily Mail, the Mail on Sunday and the London Evening Standard, shocked senior executives at the newspapers yesterday by taking up a seat on the Labour Party's benches in the House of Lords.

The hereditary peer said yesterday that he was prompted to make the move by his admiration for Tony Blair, adding: "They [Labour] are carrying out so many policies I believe in."

Last edited by BlasterBates; 16 September 2018, 11:05.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Hurrah for the Blackshirts!

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Daily Mail doing really badly since 2016:

Daily Mail shares slump

Lord Rothermere obviously needs to shake up the newspaper.

Shares in the owner of the Daily Mail and Mail Online have slumped by more than 20% after it reported a sharp drop in annual profits and warned of a tough year ahead.

Daily Mail & General Trust (DMGT), which also owns the Mail on Sunday and Metro newspapers and is the largest shareholder in business-to-business publisher Euromoney, said its business would be “adversely affected by recent disposals and challenging conditions in some of our sectors”.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

I wonder what will fook up the country first: Brexit or Corbyn.
                Problem with thick Brexiters is that none of them want the austerity that Brexit will entail.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  I doubt the readership will plummet, the idiots who read the Mail e.g. the starter of this thread are incapable of their own analysis and will be regurgitate what they are fed.
                  Oh great. We've already got scooterscot* on our side. The last thing we need is vetran.

* love you really.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                  X