• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear: Katie Hopkins applies for insolvency agreement to avoid bankruptcy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
    Many an entrepreneur has been bankrupt at some stage in their career. One famous on is dragons dens' own Peter Jones. Now he hasn't done so bad for himself since then.
    Yup. And his buddy Cowell.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Many an entrepreneur has been bankrupt at some stage in their career. One famous on is dragons dens' own Peter Jones. Now he hasn't done so bad for himself since then.
      Donald Trump is another famous one who has had his companies file for bankruptcy and look where he is now. Scary, eh?
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

oh dear: Katie Hopkins applies for insolvency agreement to avoid bankruptcy

Entrepreneur? That’s stretching it a bit, isn’t it, to compare to KH?

Somehow I doubt that Peter Jones’ bankruptcy was caused by hate trolling the wrong person and then losing a libel suit when the simple solution was to apologise.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          Entrepreneur? That’s stretching it a bit, isn’t it, to compare to KH?

Somehow I doubt that Peter Jones’ bankruptcy was caused by hate trolling the wrong person and then losing a libel suit when the simple solution was to apologise.
          No probably caused by tulip business decisions and greed.

But what is your point?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            No probably caused by tulip business decisions and greed.

But what is your point?
            “Probably”? If only Hopkins had used that word to avoid a libel suit, and then had the guts to apologise when she realised she had the wrong person, she wouldn’t be in this mess.

Comment

Interestingly the guardian have updated their own story. It previously referred to Katie as "far right" but does so no more.
              I personally thought calling her far right might be a bit of a stretch, but I guess viewpoint depends a little on what political point your outlook is from..

Comment

Originally posted by jds 1981 View Post
                Interestingly the guardian have updated their own story. It previously referred to Katie as "far right" but does so no more.
                I personally thought calling her far right might be a bit of a stretch, but I guess viewpoint depends a little on what political point your outlook is from..
                Maybe if she took a screen grab she can get her money back!
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
                  “Probably”? If only Hopkins had used that word to avoid a libel suit, and then had the guts to apologise when she realised she had the wrong person, she wouldn’t be in this mess.
                  Damn twice I have agreed with people I don't normally.

Yep if she had just apologised & sent £10K not 5 to the charity it would have boosted her popularity.

Too blinkered and determined to be right (probably)

Though her bankruptcy is not through poor money management so she is still right.

Having known a few, a good percentage of bankruptcies just rack up debts then wonder where the money is coming from.

I have sympathy by those caused by illness, company failure , legal liabilities that they weren't actively causing or partners who helped them to it.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I still think this is the best apology/correction of all time:
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The far right objected to being associated with her

Comment

Working...
                      X