• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ORANGE GENIE Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ORANGE GENIE Umbrella

Decided to go with OG as my preferred Umbrella was not on the agencies PSL after being quoted £20 margin fee per invoice. Gig started on August 13th. After contracting for over a decade, I fear the worst when the first payslip becomes available, as the take home pay never meets expectation. This was no different.

Not only was I charged £27.50 per invoice, they also charged me for the entire month of August, 4 weeks instead of 3. After querying this, I've received a payment of £14, but thus far they have done nothing regarding charging £27.50 v's the preferred agency rate of £20
    Last edited by ITContrator; 8 December 2021, 17:04. Reason: Edit

Originally posted by ITContrator View Post
    Just want to share my recent experience with Orange Genie.

Decided to go with OG as my preferred Umbrella was not on the agencies PSL after being quoted £20 margin fee per invoice. Gig started on August 13th. After contracting for over a decade, I fear the worst when the first payslip becomes available, as the take home pay never meets expectation. This was no different.

Not only was I charged £27.50 per invoice, they also charged me for the entire month of August, 4 weeks instead of 3. After querying this, I've received a payment of £14, but thus far they have done nothing regarding charging £27.50 v's the preferred agency rate of £20

I would suggest contractors think long and hard before engaging OG if your usual brolly is not on an agencies preferred suppliers list.
    Hi,

We always welcome engagement and feedback from our employees, it helps us improve. I'm glad you contacted the office about this too also.

My agency care advisor will call you today to explain that the further refund is on its way to you.

Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ITContrator
      I called your office yesterday, I've been drip fed my due refund in a manner that makes little sense.

First refund £27.50 (charged for the week I wasn't employed), I received £14.91
      Second refund of £50, I received the low figure of £13.60 (that must be one hell of a unnecessary and avoidable tax rate I've been hit with for the 2nd refund).

Now I'm left wondering if OG had got it right in the first place, how much I would have been paid!!!

Jesues, I would not like to go home to you with a broken pay packet

Rant tastic

Comment

Now I'm left wondering if OG had got it right in the first place, how much I would have been paid!!!

HTH
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I called your office yesterday, I've been drip fed my due refund in a manner that makes little sense.

First refund £27.50 (charged for the week I wasn't employed), I received £14.91
          Second refund of £50, I received the low figure of £13.60 (that must be one hell of a unnecessary and avoidable tax rate I've been hit with for the 2nd refund).

Hi,

We have been trying to get hold of you today and we'll try again this afternoon, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan@OrangeGenie View Post
            Hi,

We have been trying to get hold of you today and we'll try again this afternoon, thank you.
            If I had an employee badmouth me like this i'd be giving them a P45, never mind a phone call.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
              If I had an employee badmouth me like this i'd be giving them a couple of barrels-worth, never mind a phone call.
              FTFY.
              His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                If I had an employee badmouth me like this i'd be giving them a P45, never mind a phone call.
                Indeed sack him, unless you are paying 90% take home pay

Comment

Thanks OrangeGenie

For the sake of balance and for anybody running a search on OrangeGenie. They more than satisfactorily resolved the issue I had a few months ago. I would certainly have no qualms recommending OG as a brolly.

For those that suggested as my employer they fire me, you make me f*^kin' laugh. Fired by an employer which you pay for their service WTF, behave yourselves...

Comment

Originally posted by ITContrator View Post
                    For the sake of balance and for anybody running a search on OrangeGenie. They more than satisfactorily resolved the issue I had a few months ago. I would certainly have no qualms recommending OG as a brolly.

For those that suggested as my employer they fire me, you make me f*^kin' laugh. Fired by an employer which you pay for their service WTF, behave yourselves...
                    Don't take much notice of PhilTheGreek, he's just bitter that he's not allowed out unsupervised these days...
                    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                    X