• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will there be sanctions against Saudi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will there be sanctions against Saudi

If they can enforce sanctions against Russia, then surely Saudi must be next: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8538406.html
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    If they can enforce sanctions against Russia, then surely Saudi must be next: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a8538406.html
    Nothing will be done. The UK sells too much to Saudi to have any moral convictions.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

was it a government sponsored attack or was it a bunch of idealist nutters off their own bat?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        was it a government sponsored attack or was it a bunch of idealist nutters off their own bat?
        I'm sure they were just ordinary citizens visiting the UK to take in the historic sights and cathedrals on the recommendation of friends.

Comment

Minor assault is not the same as using banned military nerve agent that adtually killed a British citizen (real one, not second class like myself)

Also Saudi Arabia is a close ally ok UK - not direct adversary

If you don’t tget the difference then you are a jog on of this world

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            Minor assault is not the same as using banned military nerve agent that adtually killed a British citizen (real one, not second class like myself)

So if they're found to to be agents of the Saudi government attacking people on British soil, it's okay as long as they don't kill anyone?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

So if they're found to to be agents of the Saudi government attacking people on British soil, it's okay as long as they don't kill anyone?
              If they are Saudi they can pretty much do WTF they like. If they are Russian we will use them as much as we can to generate support for more war spending and trying to bomb the Syrian government.

Another good example is looking at 'barbaric/backward Islamic practices' practiced in Iran - and also Saudi Arabia, which is OK...
              "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

I think that is the point being made in this post - the hypocrisy.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  I think that is the point being made in this post - the hypocrisy.
                  what hypocrisy?

when an enemy tries to surreptitiously try to kill me or mine and all the evidence confirms it, my peers agree with my suspicions. I would be very upset and would plan to remove the threat.

Someone who doesn't appear to be linked to a friend but claims to be, hits me I won't go and hit my friend. I would investigate.

two completely different situations.
                  Last edited by vetran; 17 September 2018, 12:13.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    what hypocrisy?

when an enemy tries to surreptitiously try to kill me or mine and all the evidence confirms it, my peers agree with my suspicions. I would be very upset and would plan to remove the threat.

Someone who doesn't appear to be linked to a friend but claims to be, hits me I won't go and hit my friend. I would investigate.

two completely different situations.
                    Yes it's all about 'friends' vs 'enemies' - doesn't matter what they do, just what side of the fence they are on. Which I believe is what OP was getting at.

Bit like when a friend we support at one time does some pretty awful things but it's fine because he's a friend so he can do whatever he likes and we'll look the other way.

Until that same friend stops being a friend and becomes an enemy, then all those terrible things he did and does are now a major concern - so much so that we'll tell everyone that he can (and will!) drop WMDs on us that can reach us in 45 minutes - all the evidence confirms it, my peers agree with my suspicions. So we better 'liberate' his country immediately.

Comment

Working...
                    X