• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exercises for guitar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Joke a drummer in a band I was in told, after getting the usual drummer gags thrown his way....

Why is a drummer different from a gynaecologist ?
    Because a gynaecologist only works with twunts during the day.

I know a drummer who will appreciate that!
    Last edited by vetran; 17 September 2018, 21:18.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Can you give an example of a guitar chord that you find difficult ?
      Due to nerve damage caused by two slipped disks in my neck in my early 30s - most of them! But the further up the fretboard, the more difficult it is to maintain the necessary grip and finger positions.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Maybe if you spent that time working on your guitar skills, they'd have improved more.

Can you give an example of a guitar chord that you find difficult ?
        A barred G shape (when using CAGED system)
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
          A barred G shape (when using CAGED system)
          Classical musician are you ?
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Due to nerve damage caused by two slipped disks in my neck in my early 30s - most of them! But the further up the fretboard, the more difficult it is to maintain the necessary grip and finger positions.
            Join a Sabbath covers band then. You won't need to worry about it.

Comment

Join a Sabbath covers band then. You won't need to worry about it.

Comment

Classical musician are you ?
                Not on the guitar but getting more technical which is lending itself to that direction.
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  Not on the guitar but getting more technical which is lending itself to that direction.
                  I've got a pal who's a professional classical guitarist and he's the only person I know who would do something like use a barred open g shape in another fretboard position (other than open G).

I've played in pop/rock covers bands most of my life, so if you can't play it with the 'Axis Of Awesome' 4 chord sequence, it won't make the set list

Comment

I've got a pal who's a professional classical guitarist and he's the only person I know who would do something like use a barred open g shape in another fretboard position (other than open G).

I've played in pop/rock covers bands most of my life, so if you can't play it with the 'Axis Of Awesome' 4 chord sequence, it won't make the set list
                    Yes - practically I'd never do it, but when I learnt the CAGED system I got to that one and decided it was something I probably won't use - ever...

Comment

Got to give les punteurs wot they want

Comment

Working...
                      X