• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exercises for guitar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    Yes - practically I'd never do it, but when I learnt the CAGED system I got to that one and decided it was something I probably won't use - ever...
    For the CAGED system, most people are E/A and their minors constantly, D rarely, C almost never and G, absolutely never
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      For the CAGED system, most people are E/A and their minors constantly, D rarely, C almost never and G, absolutely never
      Agreed, although C with open strings up the neck (2 frets to play a D) can sound quite nice, also the F shape (just top 4 strings rest muted) works as well if you like your Jimi.
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Agreed, although C with open strings up the neck (2 frets to play a D) can sound quite nice, also the F shape (just top 4 strings rest muted) works as well if you like your Jimi.
        When I got lessons, back in the early 70's (so obviously pre internet) my teacher constantly tried to teach Eb chords using an open D slid up a fret and barred. When you're 7 years old and playing a classical guitar with the action of a cheese grater, that's nigh on impossible. Years later, I kinda 'discovered' CAGED without knowing it had a name, and it filled in a lot of holes.

Comment

When I got lessons, back in the early 70's (so obviously pre internet) my teacher constantly tried to teach Eb chords using an open D slid up a fret and barred. When you're 7 years old and playing a classical guitar with the action of a cheese grater, that's nigh on impossible. Years later, I kinda 'discovered' CAGED without knowing it had a name, and it filled in a lot of holes.
          I only learnt the 5 positions of the pentatonic and major/minor pentatonic scales a couple of years ago after finally getting proper lessons having fudged it for over 20 years...

Doing a lot of modal stuff now and some more interesting jazzy type of scales and arpeggios. If I can play jazz improv I'll die happy.
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I only learnt the 5 positions of the pentatonic and major/minor pentatonic scales a couple of years ago after finally getting proper lessons having fudged it for over 20 years...

Doing a lot of modal stuff now and some more interesting jazzy type of scales and arpeggios. If I can play jazz improv I'll die happy.
            in an empty venue

You must know the old 3 chords to 1000 people and 1000 chords to 3 people gag

Comment

I got lessons
              Bloody hell. I'd always assumed you were just born that way.

Comment

in an empty venue

Any venue would be a step up, haven't played a venue since about 1993

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Bloody hell. I'd always assumed you were just born that way.
                  Dude, being this offensive takes training and practice......

Talking of which, how are you, ya baldy c**t ?

You were sadly missed at the Bute 10K this year. The bloke dressed as a clown carrying the two buckets of coins reckoned he'd probably be last cause you weren't there :-)
                  Last edited by TestMangler; 18 September 2018, 10:06.

Comment

Dude, being this offensive takes training and practice......

Talking of which, how are you, ya baldy c**t ?

You were sadly missed at the Bute 10K this year. The bloke dressed as a clown carrying the two buckets of coins reckoned he'd probably be last cause you weren't there :-)
                    You carried 2 buckets of coins round an island full of pissed up weedgies? Very brave. I noticed they'd moved the race 2 weeks earlier in the year, so my training calendar was completely upset - there's no way i'd have got up to a whole evenings JD and coke drinking in the available time

Comment

in an empty venue

Don't know the joke but this is how I started back in the 70's:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X