• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice car hire for a change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Me, pushes button: I love you, take me home.
    Alfa: WTFH, you're drunk again. We're parked outside the house.
    Of course you were - it's an Alfa, so it's hardly likely to actually go anywhere. I'm assuming you were drunk when you bought it...
    His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Back seats review ?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        My experience of voice control in cars is that it is at best half baked!

Comment

Originally posted by Mordac View Post
          Of course you were - it's an Alfa, so it's hardly likely to actually go anywhere. I'm assuming you were drunk when you bought it...
          Wrong. Again.

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/lifes...e-top-5-honda/
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            interesting the Alfa doesn't make top 5 in any of the other groups and only top 10 in one.

Maybe there aren't enough alfas sold to make a real showing?
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              interesting the Alfa doesn't make top 5 in any of the other groups and only top 10 in one.

Maybe there aren't enough alfas sold to make a real showing?
              The main group is the summation of all data. The "other groups" as you put it, are a break down where they have enough respondents to make the results in that group viable.

In the UK, Honda sell per month what Alfa sell per year. So if 1 Honda goes wrong, it doesn't adversely affect Honda's figures, but 1 Alfa going wrong has 12x the effect. Or, to put it on the side of a bus, rather than %, there are over 25,000 unhappy Honda owners whose car is up to 3 years old. There are less than 1,900 unhappy Alfa owners whose car is up to 3 years old.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Having owned both an Alfa and a Honda, I'd sooner own another Alfa than a Honda. Alfa have had a resurgence in recent years (although half the range is still ****).

The Giulia is the first Alfa I'd consider in a long while, but as a petrolhead it'd have to be the QV or bust.

My Honda has been very reliable, but I've heard of a lot of owners having serious (i.e.: £5k+ repair costs) faults on new cars and then challenging on the warranty. Meanwhile, Alfa seem to have more niggles than fundamental issues (the switchgear on my brand new Alfa came off in my hand while I was driving out the showroom!).

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post
                  Having owned both an Alfa and a Honda, I'd sooner own another Alfa than a Honda. Alfa have had a resurgence in recent years (although half the range is still ****).

The Giulia is the first Alfa I'd consider in a long while, but as a petrolhead it'd have to be the QV or bust.

My Honda has been very reliable, but I've heard of a lot of owners having serious (i.e.: £5k+ repair costs) faults on new cars and then challenging on the warranty. Meanwhile, Alfa seem to have more niggles than fundamental issues (the switchgear on my brand new Alfa came off in my hand while I was driving out the showroom!).
                  I'm getting a company car and have opted for the Giulia (petrol).
                  I don't think anyone in the company is senior enough for a QV.
                  Best looking car in its class by a country mile and as I won't be coughing out on maintenance or repairs its a no-brainer.
                  DO you have one? How do you find it? I'm an old school Alfisti so prepared to put up with the, er, "quirks", for some character.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by fiisch View Post

The Wife (tm) had a Honda CRV. At 5 years old the air con pump went and was a £2k job to replace. After it was replaced we found out there had been a recall on them, but Honda had only contacted the first owner of the car, not the current registered owner.

Giulia QV is nice, unfortunately too low to the ground for where I live, so I had to get a Stelvio with the 280bhp engine. UK spec QV Stelvio is faster to 60 than the UK spec QV Giulia due to the Q4 drive train
                    Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrifoglio vs Alfa Romeo Giulia II QV Auto : Duel 69226349
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                      The main group is the summation of all data. The "other groups" as you put it, are a break down where they have enough respondents to make the results in that group viable.

In the UK, Honda sell per month what Alfa sell per year. So if 1 Honda goes wrong, it doesn't adversely affect Honda's figures, but 1 Alfa going wrong has 12x the effect. Or, to put it on the side of a bus, rather than %, there are over 25,000 unhappy Honda owners whose car is up to 3 years old. There are less than 1,900 unhappy Alfa owners whose car is up to 3 years old.

So what I was saying the Alfa may not have a significantly large sample size for their results to be valid, something you agree with.
                      You thought that meant you should be rude to me, bit sad really.

The Alfas of old were horrendously unreliable if they have improved great, but there are so few sold that they hardly move the needle so any conclusions drawn are invalid.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X