• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nice car hire for a change

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    So what I was saying the Alfa may not have a significantly large sample size for their results to be valid
    And how did you come to that conclusion? Alfa sell > 3000 cars a year in the UK. It's a more than adequate sample size. If they sold 10 or 20 it would a whole different story. Don't use technical terms you don't understand, makes you look even more stupid than you already seem.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    The Alfas of old were horrendously unreliable if they have improved great, but there are so few sold that they hardly move the needle so any conclusions drawn are invalid.
    I've owned several Alfas. They score high on "unreliability" because of little niggly issues. However the most reliable car I ever owned was an Alfa 155 which I had fault free for 6 years. And that glorious Twin Spark which while only being 1.8 sang a song like a Welsh tenor.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      I'm getting a company car and have opted for the Giulia (petrol).
      I don't think anyone in the company is senior enough for a QV.
      Best looking car in its class by a country mile and as I won't be coughing out on maintenance or repairs its a no-brainer.
      DO you have one? How do you find it? I'm an old school Alfisti so prepared to put up with the, er, "quirks", for some character.
      Alas no, I am Alfa-less at the moment, but a fellow Alfisti - had a Mito QV and 156 in the past, and always been a fan of the brand (although pre-Giulia, the model-range was somewhat lacking).

No - I have a Civic Type R as a weekend toy (still a boy-racer at heart!), but have been looking at the Alfa Giulia longingly since it was released as a possible replacement for the wife's Seat Leon (and our main family car). Boring, ugly, slow, uninspiring it may be, but I'm struggling to justify an upgrade as it's still perfectly functional! She will almost certainly get a Giulia once I stop being a tight ****, as have test driven twice and for me in that class it's an easy decision.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        You can stop it coming on at start up by giving the little button in the middle of the controls a long press. That swtiches off the radio, bluetooth, nav, etc as well. And if it's all turned off like that, then the screen won't pop up.
        I assumed there had to be something like that but I wasn't of a mind to RTFM for a two day hire.

Comment

Working...
        X